Introduce Yourself!

New string came in and some bearing lube from this website (some of the lube somehow leaked into the package in transit though and caused an oily mess but no prob) .

It made a big difference! I got the Trapez landing on the string I’d say 50% of the time now. It also has enough spin time for me to rock it back and forth a couple times. Having a bit of trouble gettin it to return to my hand still, pulling my hands apart like in the video not working too good. Any advice ?

Is there a general discussion thread to move this to or is it in the right pace?

7 Likes

Hey all, my name’s Stephanie and I’ve been yoyoing for about 1.5 years. I like to make technical elements. My favorite players are Evan Nagao, Hirotaka Akiba, and Takeshi. My favorite tricks are the 1.5 Eli Hop and Gentrified (Ann Bubak). Currently using the Magicyoyo n11 and I’m hoping to upgrade some time soon. I’m looking forward to discussing yoyo with you all!

21 Likes

welcome new community members!!
great to see the new names popping up all the time.

this is a great place to come for info, tips, ticks and any other yoyo related queries you may have.

enjoy the stay

throw often

kgb

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forums!

4 Likes

That’s awesome!

To get the yoyo to come back to your hand you just need to pop the yoyo up into the air. Once the string isn’t taut, the response system will kick in and the yoyo will come back to your hand. Pulling your hands apart causes the string to remain taut and not come back to your hand. It’s extremely useful for tricks like Eli Hops, but that’s a way more advanced trick for another time.

Yeah there is, feel free to ask questions in #yo-yo-tricks.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums!

I can’t even do Yuuki slack, so you’re already way better than me! Not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Seems like you’re into the competitive scene, really cool! I’m currently working on the 1.5 Eli Hops, pretty difficult trick.

3 Likes

Pretty hard but once you get them down they get solid real quick

2 Likes

Welcome!!

Ps. I guarantee yull find more then a n11 here XD

1 Like

I’m hoping XD. n11s are pretty good but I’m getting more into tricks that require specific specs so I’m hoping for something good.

2 Likes

Yeah n11 is kinda underrated ngl

5 Likes

it really is, one of the better rounded yoyos out there. I quite enjoy them. I like rounded yo-yos most idk if that’s an unpopular opinion

4 Likes

I like them also, you shoulf get a zo1 focus its a great organic shaped bi metal

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to know that haha. Also, you might want to look at the Grasshopper GTX, the GTR or the Bimetal if you like rounded yoyos.

6 Likes

+1 for the GTR as an N11 fanboy.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Jeremy and I am 30. I have been in and out of yoyos since 2008 or so. I’m not particularly good as I never really spent a lot of time learning tricks during my previous in periods. This time it is hopefully going to stick with me for a while. I got back in when I bought a used Onedrop Terrarian because I really like the game and wanted to get the yoyo. Since then my collection has grown to about 20 throws. Long term collection goal is to have one of each Terraria collaboration yoyo in the original colorway.

18 Likes

Welcome back to yoyo!

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Jae. I am returning to yoyoing after throwing responsive and auto-return yomegas in the late 90s through my after school program. I found my old Hyper Raider awhile back and decided to see what had changed in the world of yoyo since. Originally just wanted to grab some new string for it or something… and down the rabbit hole I went. Right now I enjoy throwing a YYF Arrow Elite and some wood fixed axles. Right now I am enjoying lots of Lindy Loops, Mach 5, and some stalls. Glad to be here!

14 Likes

Welcome to the Forums!

4 Likes

Welcome! Did you already know about unresponsive? And all the styles of play? It was definitely a big surprise to me to see the advances that have been made especially in the last 20 years.

6 Likes