Returning to yo-yoing

Hey, guys.

It‘s been about 12 year since I stopped yo-yoing. I used to post on theyo forum. My username was noyo. The only name I recognize on this forum is jhb. I’m looking to pickup a yo-yo, but I am not knowledgeable about these new models. I remember Hspin Pyro, Anti-Yo Bapezilla, the Peak, Werrd XXXLL, Oxygene, 888s, G5s. Unfortunately, all of these yo-yos are sold out on the different stores. Anyways, if anyone is looking to sell any of these models, please feel free to message me. Glad to be back.

16 Likes

Welcome back :wave:
Easiest to get out of these that you have listed would be latest 888s and probably G5. Maybe Pyros as well. But Bape and Peak had became gold nuggets, good luck to you for obtaining one. Oxys are just rare, it will be hard to find some as well.
I suggest you to try new stuff, OneDrop, MFD, G2, and many more. Yoyo manufacturers made huge improvements in terms of performance and design in these years that you been away from community.

P.S. I saw a few brand new XXXLs on eBay a couple months ago, in Australia, maybe they are still on sale.

5 Likes

Welcome back!

3 Likes

Yoyos are better now days man. Pretty much everything made is going to play great. It’s all about the smaller boutique brands now days. If you haven’t noticed already there’s a lot of different companies. Many more that don’t sell through this website even. String has also made some vast improvements.

2 Likes

Iloveyoyo just released an updated version of the lynx which was about the closest any yoyo got to a peak. You could check that out.

1 Like

Welcome back! You can check out the iYoyo Pyro X which is available right now. It’s like a modern version of the Pyro. Or if you’re interested in a modern bimetal, I have an extra Yoyofriends Peregrine MIB that I’m looking to sell.

2 Likes

I recommend you forget chasing old models for the time being and just dive in. Look at the BST or YYE and pick up some things that look appealing to you and go from there.

10 Likes

welcome! Former TheYo poster here as well :slight_smile: I went by Isaac (and also 1337noob for a bit initially lol). I wish we had an archive and that I’d saved my messages/trade feedback thread while it was still up back around 2012. So much information lost to the ether :frowning:

1 Like

Kxnnros/noyo, good to see former TheYo guys come by from time to time. Haven’t got any good advice on newer yoyos. Still pretty much play legacy stuff, primarily organic shapes. Welcome back.

They all pretty much faded away when TheYo faded. Atomic cow as well…

2 Likes

Take a look at these guys throws
Fair Trade YoYos has reasonable well designed throws, project Y, PV44, 138, and a wood fixie.
Dressel Designs Fusion bi metal is awesome. Others I enjoy but may be difficult to find, from hardest to get to easiest [imo] ( Static Co.) Sudo, Parlay, ( OneDrop ) Kuntosh, Rebirth, Panorama, Diaorama, CLYW Pickax, Peak 2 ( I can not chase the OG Peak very difficult to do for many reasons )
Picture is of my fair trade throws in my collection from front row from left to right 138 red yellow half swap, PV44 orange and green half swap, Project Y black , Project Y does come in titanium if you can find it. They are all awesome, some are reasonable others are not I am sure you know how that goes.

5 Likes

Yeah, an original The End would fetch a very pretty penny today. Fortunately, if you’re pining for one there was a recent The End pt. 2 released as a collaboration between Round Spinning Objects (RSO) and Doc Pop; I haven’t seen them pop up on the BST recently but the non-special edition ones I’ve seen have been fairly priced.

https://roundspinningobjects.com/the-end-part-ii-finale

3 Likes

Do you have the Ti version of The End pt. II? I’m interested in an unbiased (as in someone aside from DocPop saying that it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread) perspective on that one. I got a raw 7068 version and think it is pretty much a perfected Eetsit/Bape design. I like Ti but I’m not sure how it would be an improvement aside from durability.

@Kxnnros , The End pt. II is an absolutely awesome yoyo. If you’re looking for a classic feel I don’t think you can go wrong picking one of these up.

1 Like

I do have a Ti version. I haven’t played them side by side recently but I’ll do so today for a better comparison. I wanna say the Ti version felt slightly lighter on the string. Also mine unfortunately developed a rather noticeable string vibe after unscrewing it once, but it came very close to glass smooth so I’m certain it could be tuned back to how it came; I just haven’t bothered trying to do so since the vibe doesn’t affect play (and if anything makes it more old school feeling :grin:).

4 Likes

There’s a new 888 on the horizon along with the pyro x was released recently. If you’re okay with modern versions those would be worth looking for.

RSO had a titanium release of the bapezilla

1 Like