Introduce Yourself!

Nope! Never saw a bind, counterweight, off-string yoyo or any of that until a few months ago!

I knew the fun stuff that was on my “Bandai Official Spinner Trick Cards” as found on the Yoyo Museum site (exhibit 2799), in random other trickbooks (rocket yoyo? duncan?), and whatever demonstrators and other throwers at our local competitions (parking lot of a surf shop or the bagel shop) were doing… so I wouldn’t say I was sheltered… I just got out of the yoyo game right when a lot of new unresponsive stuff was developing I think. My peers and I did lots of loops, UFOs, the occasional brain twisters or trapeze with really strong sleepers and a lot of luck.

I think I’d seen some of the demonstrators do two handed looping but the idea of a kid having two identical yoyos to loop seemed pretty out of reach, even with contest prizes. All but a few of us were throwing brains or other auto-return stuff primarily… but nothing felt limited because it was all a huge step up from dribbling. Notice the 2 handed loops (do 5 loops) are the final trick on the final trick card, the red “pro spinner level”!

Imagine the shock on my face when I went from throwing my 1998 hyper raider, which was the pinnacle of long sleeping at the time in my little yoyo world to throwing a modern unres metal yoyo and literally having to set a timer to keep track since it just kept spinning. Brain melted.

10 Likes

Hey guys Domsurfs trom Aus. Loving my new magic stealth. Working on first speed combe and Buddah revenge

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forums. The Stealth is a great yoyo!

2 Likes

@Jae @GrimParadigm @Domsurfs

Welcome to the forums!

2 Likes

Update: just got myself a Shutter Wide Angle and I’m loving it. Still mess with the n11 tho.

8 Likes

It’s nice to have a variety of yoyos. I get sick of my favorites after awhile and it’s nice to switch things up which usually makes me find a new appreciation of yoyos I sometimes have not picked up in awhile for whatever reason.

4 Likes

Sweet! You can never go wrong with a shutter

5 Likes

Very true, it plays like a beauty. I was kinda worried about how tech would be, given how wide it is, but it’s the best tech yoyo I have. I really don’t know how they did it but YYF made a yoyo thay can do both small and techy tricks and big hop and body tricks. Perfect yoyo imo.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I used to be a regular on Theyo.com forums, wayyyyy back in the day probably before some of you were around. I was packing up my stuff the other day, as I’m separating from the military after a pretty long stint and ran across my YYJ Hitman. I wondered if any forums were still active so I found this one, recognized a couple names (jhb8426 to be specific) and decided to create an account to reminisce a bit. Hopefully I’ll be able to pop in a bit here and there!

13 Likes

Welcome! @Kxnnros also recently joined as a former TheYo member, and I spent a lot of time on there from 2006-2011 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. Do you guys when you practice focus on newest trick/skill only or practice everything with a bit more focus on new stuff?

3 Likes

Thanks mate. Yeah love the stealth. I had a magic z02 focus and let my grandson use it. Damaged pretty bad so got the stealth. Both r eally nice

2 Likes

Welcome, fellow veteran. I was in the Navy for 9 years, got out a while ago.
You have stumbled upon a great place here. Many good people will provide great info for you.

Enjoy the throw
kgb

5 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome brother!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Do you still remember how to do the tricks you did back in the day?

4 Likes

I think for most people here, we just practice whatever we feel like learning. I don’t think a lot of us catch ourselves up on the newest tricks as we don’t intend on competing.

3 Likes

I do! I bought a Dv888 and have been using that. I can still do spirit bomb about 75% of the time.

6 Likes

Welcome back!!!

3 Likes

G’day everyone! I am 13, with great passion for yoyoing. I just started “pro” yoyoing 2 days ago, with my YYF arrow. I use the yotricks app to learn tricks, cuz their level up system seems like a really good way to know what to learn next! For the past two days, I’ve literally spent the whole day yoyoing, and I’m pretty much already done with level 1 of the first 50 tricks from the app (well besides looping intro, flips, and pinwheel, hehe ^^). I’m looking forward to meeting all of you!

• Aron
15 Likes

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to find answers to yoyo questions!

5 Likes