Introduce Yourself!

Welcome bro! Sounds like you’re doing well on your progression, hope you enjoy your stay!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums! That’s great progress! Continue on and you’ll be a pro in no time!

2 Likes

Hey everyone. I’m Jeff. Been reading here a while and finally decided to join. I starting yoyoing as a teenager but got away from it for 20 years. My 10yo son saw an old yoyo i had so i did a few tricks for him and his mind was blown lol (pretty basic tricks really). Since then we have both gotten into yoyoing and are working our way through the tutorials here and just recently started in the advanced tricks section here. I’m currently working on Boing-E-Boing, Plastic Whip and Trapeze Slack and my son is working on Trapeze variations mostly. We both are loving he Speedaholc XX yoyo so much that we currently have 5 of them in different colors. Just recently started using metal throws occasionally but so far always come back to the XX. We are enjoying learning more about yoyoing and admiring different yoyos. Also, more recently my daughter has show some interest ans has learned her first few tricks with a responsive throw (Arrow Elite). Loving that we all have this interest!

13 Likes

Welcome back to Yo! It’s awesome that you and your son can enjoy the hobby together!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! It’s awesome that you can share your newfound love of yoyos with your kids! The Speedaholic XX is really a beast.

1 Like

Hey, my name is Jing Kai, (or 靖凯 in simplified chinese) and I come from the tiny dot known as Singapore. I’ve been a longtime lurker on this forum ever since I found out about this hobby by finding out about OD through the terraria collab with one drop for update 1.3 about a few years ago, and only now have I decided to create an account and post here. From what I’ve seen, this community is surprisingly friendly compared to more widespread ones, and I hope to be a part of it too!

18 Likes

welcome man! terraria’s done work in bringing new people in the community. OD is a great choice of yoyo company to work with since they have a broad spectrum of yoyos to try for all types of players. hope you enjoy the hobby and the community!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! I’m glad to see another Singaporean here!

2 Likes

Welcome, glad to have you. I did the same as you, lurked for years and realized this is the best community out there and had to join in. Enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Hello, been a while, time to come back.

6 Likes

How do i PM someone???

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums! Please read the rules. It takes a little bit of time before you can do some things afforded to regular members.

Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. What tricks r u doing lately.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I have been mostly working on 1.5 Eli Hops. You?

2 Likes

Hi there, I am Richard, a 42 year old Scotsman who lives in New Zealand. Had Russell Sprite yoyo in the 80s,stopped, picked it up again briefly around 2007 but couldnt find any tutorials etc at the time or anyone in to yoyos so stopped and a year ago my son got me a dollar store yoyo at my birthday that got me interested again. A year later and about 8 yoyos later here I am and I have only just learned Jade Whip.

9 Likes

Welcome from the USA! Can you please post some photos of what yoyos you have? I’d also love to hear about that dollar store yoyo.

4 Likes

welcome back. Jade whip is s fun trick. keep at it, the hobby has come a long way in the time you’ve been away. this site is an incredible resource for all things yoyo related. ask questions & search the forums there are always people who know things lurking and willing to help.

Enjoy the throw

kgb

3 Likes

Hey mate. I am next door to you in Aus. Welcome mate.

3 Likes

Yeah slowly working on Eli hops. DNA of course ha ha. Ive been working on a few online tutorials. One called Atomic bomb (barrel rolls) and another from a young guy no name to the trick but it has a slack element involved . His name is yoyowen.

5 Likes