Introduce Yourself!

The DNA and Eli hops are definitely cool tricks to master !!! And btw “yoyowen” (aka @PendingThrows24) is actually a member here on the forum !!! So feel free to talk to anyone with a trick you are trying to get better at :wink:

5 Likes

100% any questions please feel free to ask!

6 Likes

Cool thanks for the info. Will def look him up for help

3 Likes

Thats it for now, broke a YYF Velocity,gave away a MYY Crystal and Duncan Butterfly XT and i have a Magicyoyo Focus in the mail and Freehand Pro laying around somewhere

The dollar yoyo lived a very short life, it broke on the third throw but did manage a rock the cradle before its demise

8 Likes

Cheers bro, seems you have a bit more of a scene over there

1 Like

Hello, o/

I’m Eric/Osyiris(on reddit) re-found my interest in throwing when the Mrs insisted I get a hobby :slight_smile:
In the UK hopefully going to be in Scotland in the next few years.

Have a OD LT, Sengoku MechaNobu, and C3 Trion as my mains.

Currently figuring out some hourglass to GT combos. Still not got Eli hops down :confused:

11 Likes

I’m glad you did your duty and obeyed the mrs.! Welcome!

2 Likes

Yeah probably. Im only pretty new to it. Ive just started posting and getting a little involved

1 Like

Nice looking throws mate. Do you mind me asking what online shops you look at

3 Likes

Haha yea, me too. I got a OD Legendary Terraria last year for he bday and just kinda went from there. now 500£ something deep

3 Likes

How are you liking The Chosen throw you have there? I’ve been eyeing that one.

2 Likes

You open to anyone who owns it opinion?

1 Like

Of course. How do you like it? Any dislikes?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t consider myself good enough to give a super descriptive review but I certainly like it, it was my first bimetal and I’ve gotten a few since than but still throw this and it holds up, I got the galaxy colorway the cups are a bit grippier than the body different finish I guess the so grinds are better than finger spins but still not a problem, super powerful and long spin times not very floaty though

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! It would be my first bimetal as well. Im hoping to pick one up before to long.

2 Likes

Awesome! Keep on working on those tricks! If you need any help you can just ask on the forums as well!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Richard and @Osyiris!

Good evening everyone from Eastern USA. I recently found one of my old yoyos and started playing with it again and figured why not see how far they’ve progressed by now. I stopped yo-yoing in the late 90s/early 2000s and wow have things progressed. I figured I’d start out with a pair of the more traditional style/ looping yoyos (■■■■■■■■■■ “Match” and “Loop 720”) and got my first unresponsive one (shutter wide angle) as well. I’m more of a fan of the 2A/ looping style yo-yo but since my kids pretty much claimed those already I’ve been trying out the shutter. After getting the basic bind down pretty well I think I’m hooked. The extremely improved sleep times make all the old school basic tricks a walk in the park. I remember spending hours/days on the cats cradle and now I was able to do it a few minutes after getting the binds down after 15+ years of little to no yo-yo practice. I’ll admit I’m still a bigger fan of the 2A style 1A is definitely a close second now. I’m looking forward to learning a lot and from what I’ve read this is definitely a great place to learn

15 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Maybe you should look into getting more pairs of Loop 720s for 2A. It’s a really cool style that doesn’t get as many players due to its difficulty so it’s awesome that you want to learn it. This is definitely a great place to learn, you can start off with the tricks here:

3 Likes

Thank you and I’m definitely planning on getting another set of them. Once the kids lose interest in my current ones it wouldn’t hurt to have extras lying around anyways. I’ll probably add another unresponsive one as well, just have to do some more reading and watch some more videos of which one I would want. The shutter wide angle has been great so far but some variety won’t hurt

1 Like