Introduce Yourself!

Oh, thank you. I didn’t know I’d see you from U.S I’m so happy

4 Likes

From the moment Galaxy Time comes out, I only use YJYOYO. You’ll be surprised the moment you throw it.You’ll see it in YOYOEXPERT soon

4 Likes

Thank you ^^ I didn’t expect you to welcome me like this. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

4 Likes

Awesome! Excited to see it drop on YoYoExpert!

Sup guys I’m Ben from Fl. I used to yo-yo some when I was like 12, maybe younger. Never got any good. Recently saw some guy yo-yoing on YT and thought it was fun and wanted to re-live walkin the dog and such. Bought a Duncan Freehand yo-yo from Amazon last week and enjoying it. Like a dummy though forgot to buy extra strings :laughing:. The handsome guy in the photo is my dog Snoop. Just wanted to say :wave:.

20 Likes

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

10/10 username.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s true lol

2 Likes

Guess I am late to doing this but I am Brian I’ve been back to yo-up’s about 4 months a couple of my girlfriends students picked them up and I wanted to show off and got hooked! last time I played was my childhood probably 20 years ago and was never very good been buying and playing with a bunch of different yo-yos from different brands and different materials and learning new tricks really enjoying everything so far this forum included

15 Likes

welcome. it’s never too late to re-discover the joy of throwing the yo.

enjoy your stay here. this forum is pretty incredible.

kgb

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad you rediscovered the joy of yoyoing. Your username is hilarious! Check out these strings, they’re pretty cheap but work very well!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! That’s such a cool story of how you got back into yoyoing! Hope you’ll continue to enjoy your time here!

4 Likes

Thanks bro. Actually I did order some string before I made my original post. I’m waiting for it to arrive. It was some of the cheapest string on the site.

My skill level right now is landing the Trapeze thing (landed it a couple times, it was very exciting first time I got it) . Usually the yo-yo isn’t spinning that well when I throw from the breakaway. Usually doesn’t have enough spin going to land it. Guess it takes a lot of practice. If I throw the yo-yo normally and just pick it up into the trapeze trick it spins a lot better.

I can also do most of the basic stuff. Rock cradle, around the world, the schoolyard classics.

I feel like the Freehand should be sleeping longer than it is, I think I am not throwing it properly. This is the one I got, was 16$ on Amazon

8 Likes

Thanks. Wish I had some of my old Yomegas and Duncan’s. I had a dank little wooden Duncan Yo-yo that was blue with a white stripe, if i had the extra money I’d buy one again.

It was this one exactly, even came with the book in the pic

6 Likes

Thanks! And funny how just randomly throwing again can reawaken a lost love and I’m sure I will everyone is really nice and gives great advice also lots of funny stuff here too!

5 Likes

Awesome! The breakaway is a difficult throw to get down, just keep on practicing! Once you mastered it you’ll be glad you did, because like 80% of yoyo tricks on built on top of the breakaway. This tutorial might help you:

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Yeap, that’s actually the story for quite a lot of people who and rediscovered their love for yoyoing. For sure, here is probably one of the best online communities out there!

Hello!

Rober from Spain.
Throwing since 2005 but still bad haha

11 Likes

Welcome! Everyone has a different definition of “bad” and you have not explained what yours is.

4 Likes

My most fancy trick is Yuuki slack.
No new tricks in the last decade and a half !

8 Likes

I am sure lots of people wish they were as bad as you!

6 Likes