Introduce Yourself!

wait what? @yoyobot?

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @yoyobot display help.

3 Likes

ohhhh that guy

2 Likes

What if yoyo bot is Jeff in disguise?

6 Likes

I think your on to something

3 Likes

Everyone is all like ā€œhey. Iā€™m new here. Iā€™ve been yoyoing for eleventeen years. Iā€™m working on turning water into wine with my yoyoā€¦ā€ and Iā€™m over here like ā€œlook, Sweetheart! I can rock the baby!!!ā€ Lolface.

10 Likes

This is from when we did Sea World a couple years back. It was for the ā€œJackā€™s Backā€ show - a Halloween season event. Iā€™m the one with the Mohawk.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s some pretty sick choreography. Well done, sir!

4 Likes

Im Ryan,
Only throwing for one month.
Enjoy tho.

9 Likes

Glad you got into the hobby!

2 Likes

Hi; my name is Mo. I was born a long long time ago. I was very young at the time.

Basically speechless. Somebody else named me because I failed to suggest a name for myself.

My favorite hobby was sharpening large kitchen knives. But nobody would play with me.

I started using yoyos as a diversion therapy. As long as I throw yoyos; it seems to be much easier to keep my promise to myself; to never kill again.

14 Likes

Hey Mo, welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Hi all, the name is Mike. Iā€™ve been yoyoing on and off since ~2009. Iā€™ve not been throwing much as of late, so Iā€™m looking to pare down my collection to just a few must have throws and hopefully move the throws that arenā€™t getting love from me into the hands of someone that will enjoy them

9 Likes

hello Mo

1 Like

Whatā€™s good guys. Yoyo_garden on IG and Reddit. I have purchased/sold/and traded a decent amount on those platforms and wanted to say hello. New to the expert forums and waiting to get into the BST here.

14 Likes

Welcome to the forums!! i hope you are successful on the BST!

3 Likes

Hello my name is Lourens 48 years old and iā€™m a complete beginner. I did some yoyoing when I was a kid in the early eighties but nothing like the amazing trics I now see on internet. Iā€™m here to inform myself on basic information what to get and how to use it.

9 Likes

Hey Lourens! Welcome! If you want some suggestions on what to purchase to start out, Iā€™d like to offer my opinions.

I purchased a Whip by Yoyofactory. I also picked up ā€œDa Bombā€ by Team Losi. I recommend the Whip as it worked well for me, some thin lube, and some fat Kitty Strings or yoyo string labs Plutonium strings.

Then print out the yoyoeXpert trick sheet.

For about $20, you can learn everything in the ā€œbeginnerā€ portion of the sheet. The Whip is upgradable to an unresponsive yoyo, so when youā€™re ready to move on, you can continue to use it, but Iā€™ll wager that when that time comes youā€™ll be able to find a nice metal yoyo on our BUY/SELL/TRADE thread that will serve you better.

I am also just getting into the hobby and am nearly 40. It is very fun so far! Iā€™ve been learning on my own using the trick sheet as a guide and following Andre Boulayā€™s helpful videos. After a month of rather casual practice, I have nearly completed the ā€œbeginnerā€ portion of the trick sheet. As with all things, practice, practice, practice.

I look forward to hearing of your journey down the path of yoyoing! Again, WELCOME!

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will look into your suggestions. Your learning fast, I hope Iā€™m as talented :slight_smile:

I started my own topic with some questions I have. Some basic beginner questions

3 Likes

Hello, guys! My name is Davey. I used to throw a little back in middle and high school when my mom use to get me the first Yomega Brains. Honestly, that yoyo is my only experience with throwing and I didnā€™t get heavily involved into all of the intricate, neat looking tricks I COULDā€™VE done. However, Iā€™m never discouraged for long, and I recently purchased a InOne Aluminium Unresponsive Yoyo for the sleep time. But to my void of prior tricks, Iā€™m a complete noob slate when it comes to binding and doing many tricks. Iā€™ve been trying to rehearse from the trick videos but Iā€™m still hitting snags and missing loops. Looking to improve and maybe compete one day

14 Likes