Introduce Yourself!

Hello! My name is Anthony. I’ve been throwing for 4 years. My favorite yo-yos are the YYF Monster Edge, Sturm Panzer Stone River Sky, and my all time favorite the YYJ Dark Magic 1! If anyone is wondering why i like the DM1 over the DM2 its because the DM1 is heaver, the response is perfect for my style and it was my first YYJ yoyo. my style is a mix of old school and some new school tricks. my favorite tricks our Grind Though Triangle, Hourglass, and Trapeze whip or (Hidemasa hook). I found out about YoyoExpert 3 years ago when I really got into throwing. My favorite yoyo yoyo string is Kitty String Fat, and YYE slick six string. My all time favorite yoyo players are Andre Boulay, Evan Nagao, and Sora Ishikawa. I’m currently looking for an YYF 888, YYJ Dark Magic 1, and a Duncan Freehand MG. I’m very happy to be part of the yoyo community! thanks for taking the time to read this!
Happy Throwing!!!, Anthony

9 Likes

Hello my name is Joaquin Tejero, I´ve yoyoing since 2003 but had a big hiatus from 2008 to 2019. A lot was going on during those years. With today’s yoyos I am mastering tricks I never thought I would be capable of. I´m located in Madrid (Spain) not a huge community here for yoyoing, but nationals are strong and keep going :).

7 Likes

Whats up, I throw for fun. I recently just got back into it after a 5 year break!

Now I’m trying to make a post on BST but looks like I can’t. Anyone know what I need to do before I can make posts?

7 Likes

Sean here, I started on a Yomega brain in ‘05. I learned from the Yomega site and Duncan mini dvd until I found yoyoexpert. I ended up learning most of the the tricks on the site and hit a wall. That mixed with work and no one to throw with put me on a long break until this year. A coworker mentioned that he had a Yoyo and that he was very good. He said he could walk the dog any everything, so I told him I’d bring in one of mine and show him some things. Now he’s hooked and I’m back into regularly throwing. I guess I’ll hang out here since yoyonation appears to be gone.

8 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

I remember those mini DVDs! That brings me back, welcome dude. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m from Spain too!

2 Likes

I still have one in my Yoyo case haha

4 Likes

Don’t mind me, just doing the @yoyobot tutorials. If you want to know about me you can take a look at my profile. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @yoyobot display help.

2 Likes

Hi, my name’s Liora and I starting yoyoing about two years ago. I’m pretty new, my best trick is probably gyroscopic flop from the kamikaze mount. I know a couple of slack tricks like slack trapeze and plastic whip, but nothing that advanced yet. My favorite yoyo is probably the almighty yoyo, but I’m hoping to get the singularity or the trident in the next couple of weeks. I haven’t competed yet, but I’m planning on participating in the preliminary rounds at nationals next year.

10 Likes

Hey Liora - @EventHorizon!!! Welcome to the forum and happy yoyo!!!

1 Like

what tricks are you working on?

1 Like

Hi, I’m Justin. I’ve been yoyoing on and off since 2011 I’d say. Just started getting back into throwing again. It mainly serves as a nice break from thesis writing or meditative activity. I don’t really know the names of my favorite tricks, but I’m working on Ryota Ogi’s rolling speed combo thanks to Mrmatio’s left-handed tutorial on YouTube. My favorite throw is probably the YYR PerfectStar, but ever since I got my hands on a Triptych, I’ve been digging that pretty hard.

7 Likes

@PhilosophicalSuicide Welcome to YoyoEcpert!

5 Likes

Gyroscopic flop is my favorite trick as well.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

My name is Mystik and I started throwing a little less than a year ago. Although I’m new to yoyos I have a great deal of experience with other props including but not limited to: poi , staff, dragon staff, double staffs, contact juggling, diabolo , isolation hoops, fire eating etc. I’ve been a fire performer since 2003 and have just kept picking up gear.
Around Thanksgiving 2018 I found my way to yoyos and learned solo until I went as a spectator to Texas State comp. in Feb '19. (Austin). I met several people there including a guy from SA (where I’m from!)
Now the 2 of us host Alamo Yoyo Club on the last Sunday of the month.
I throw a lot of Duncan’s and am finding myself acquiring a decent sized collection in a fairly short time.
I’m not quite ready to throw 3a, but ima get there soon enough.
5 styles ftw!

11 Likes

Welcome! we need to see a video of your fire stuff.

5 Likes

fyroscopic glop

4 Likes