Introduce Yourself!

don’t worry if you put the work in youll learn fast

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum! i hope you progress and stick with it! i’m excited to see your progress!

1 Like

I also first learned on a Yomega Brain in middle school. Welcome to Yoyoexpert!!

4 Likes

Yo just trying to get a bit more involved in what’s going on
Hi!

5 Likes

Hey guys, my name is Blake and I’ve been throwing for about 8 months. I’m 14 so money for new yo-yos has been hard to come by. I just recently discovered buying used yo-yos! So excited to be a part of a throwing community (finally)!

14 Likes

Welcome guys!
My first yoyo back in 1995 was a Yomega Brain yoyo.
All the kids at my school had either Duncan Bumblebees, Henry’s Viper, DaBomb or at least a ProYo II.
I was always super jealous, but asking for money for yoyo wasn’t really a thing, and I was happy with the Yomega and well we were only 8/9 year old at the time and being able to do split the atom and double or nothing was like the pinnacle of yoyo in my playground back then. Now I have nicer yoyo’s but still not very good in comparison to everyone on here.

Makes me realise what yoyo you use isn’t all that important until you reach a certain level.
The more you yo, the more your yoyo does hehe. Have fun!

6 Likes

this is so true im 14 and im always wanting to try out all these new throws but I never can

1 Like

bro im 12 and i have not bought yoyos for about a year. broke my cadence, and my friend broke my variant so that’s already -2 throws

4 Likes

that suck but life sucking is a part of being a teen, trust I can relate

5 Likes

Haha lol, the struggle is very real. I saved for 4 months to get my shutter wide angle, and 3 to get my horizon.

4 Likes

I signed up here just because I need some help - urgently! … please
I’m not a YoYoer - (sorry if that is not the right term).

I have a Christmas/SecretSanta/KrisKringle request for a “non-responsive butterfly yoyo” which I believe is not your ordinary toy-shop thing.

Could you send me a link (Amazon, Ebay, Argos, YoYo, ‘whatever you’re having yourself’ that meets the description:
- non-responsive
** - butterfly**
** - YoYo**
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Reci,

Since yoyoexpert has its own store, we’re limited to giving you links to stuff available right here.

They come in plastic:

Metal:

Two Metals:

If you have a budget and color preferences we can help you find one that’s perfect.

3 Likes

OK that’s cool.
Which one is a “non-responsive butterfly yoyo” ?

2 Likes

All three of these examples are non-responsive butterfly shaped yoyos. They come in many, many, many brands and models.

2 Likes

WOW, I have a lot to learn.
OK. Let’s say the budget is €50.

The deal-breakers are:

• is it non-responsive?
  • is it Butterfly?
3 Likes

So, non-responsive is any yoyo that doesn’t come back with a tug. There is a special trick called a “bind” that lets you return it at exactly the time you intend it to. Most non-responsive yoyos have a butterfly shape, which means the edges are flared out to make it easier to land on the string for string tricks.

This is in contrast with a yoyo like the Duncan Imperial, which is responsive and has the “Imperial” shape. The “Butterfly” shape was named after the Duncan Butterfly.

With your budget, and since you’re shipping internationally, I’d recommend this one:

It’s a great non-responsive yo-yo and I’ve enjoyed mine a lot. It’s a great value for the price, and should last a very long time.

5 Likes

Perfect! That’s exactly the info I needed. Happy Christmas

3 Likes

money sucks as a teenager actually it dosen’t but getting it sucks

1 Like

True lmao

Hi Everyone,

My name is Caleb, I just turned 30 and just started throwing again after 12 year away from the hobby. I picked up a SF PLSTC and have been having lots of fun trying to learn unresponsive play. I was huge into the hobby back in the day but only ever played responsive. I had a Cold Fusion and would love to find a black YYF Confusion and try some of the old tricks.

I’m having a blast getting back into everything and so happy to find such a huge and active community!

Best,
Caleb

11 Likes