Introduce Yourself!

Thank you! I definitely look forward to making those posts haha.

3 Likes

My son is 6 and has started to show interest. I started back up about 1.5 years ago for several reasons; two you listed and the other was to have a wholesome hobby I can share with my son. Congrats on fatherhood, welcome to the club!

5 Likes

hey, ericpā€¦ go by fatguy, snacks, or some derivative thereof. 40s, throwyoed quite a bit in college - rocked a deadstock circa 90s duncan glow in the dark imperial that i still bust out to this day- took a mad hiatus. but, my little guy has shown an interest over the past couple years, and is finally tall enough to leave the coffee table. always played responsive, and resharpening my skills that way, as well as to teach the guy the basics. not saying i havenā€™t been lurking, researching, getting my feel on and stockpiling on all the recent advancements, hah! when i throwyoed, back in the day, it was a break - from the moment, from homework, the bar, the line/queue, the walk, etcā€¦ today, itā€™s a way to distract from the draw of devices too - stay ā€˜inā€™ the moment. be/play/throw ā€˜responsiveā€™ā€¦ you ever try to talk to someone on a device? non-responsive - not a panaceaā€¦ looking forward to this yommunity!!!

11 Likes

Hi all Jordan 57 Iā€™ve been throwing on and off since 3rd grade. First time I got back in as an adult was when I discovered Tom Kuhn, in the late 80s and the yoyo times, and the Yoyoman, Tommy Smothers.
Then a decade later there was the early internet, Yomega Raiders, team Losi etc. and a few weeks ago Idecided to check in again. Got a First Base, its Great to see all the cool things that can be done.

Iā€™ve always liked picture tricks, and side style.

12 Likes

Welcome! Iā€™m 47 myself, pritā€™near 48.

8 Likes

I, too, am right about that same level of old nā€™ stinky. Welcome fellow olds!

9 Likes

Hello
My name is Frank. I am 28 years old and a Marine Corps infantry veteran. I did some throwing back in the late 90s but didnt learn very much. Recently my wife came home with some cheap yoyos for my kids and it sparked an interest i did not realize I had.
I researched very little but came across a site that had yoyo trick tutorials, and I have been trying to learn basics. I am very interested in learning more from the community here!

20 Likes

Hi! My mame si Sofia and Iā€™m 14 years old girl from Slovakia. In my small country there are just few people interested in yoyoing and I am the only girl. Iā€™m slowly learning more tricks and becoming better (unless I hope). I donā€™t have any friends that are into yoyoing so I must practice alone all the time. But I love playing with my CzechPoint Pivot. One year ago on Slovak nats I was 2nd in beginners category (out of 2 contestantsšŸ˜‚). And on czech nats in begginers I was 4th (out of 6 or 7). This year, there will not be any Slovak nats because nobody wants to organize them. So currently I am practicing for Czech nats (junior category).

Thank you all for reading this and have a great day :heart:. And sorry if my English was bad.

17 Likes

Iā€™m Jeffrey Jene, a professional magician/entertainer living in Albany, New York. I was introduced to yo-yos and spin tops by Mark Hayward many years ago while working together at a festival, but never really tried it until just recently. I started with spin tops, and didnā€™t think Iā€™d like yo-yos until I tried it, now Iā€™m hooked! I found out about YoYoExpert while shopping for spin tops. Iā€™m not sure how ā€œadvancedā€ Iā€™ll get, but at the moment it is a nice meditation and activity for me.

15 Likes

Hello Everyone, my name is Julie. Living in the Virginia/ DC area, Iā€™m in my 20s.
I was expose to yoyoing by Ann Connolly, she was my classmate in high school, I did very little yoyoing in high school. But I stopped, and just got back to serious yoyoing a couple months ago, so Iā€™m just a noobie here :slight_smile: favorite yoyo is YYF Czech Point.

16 Likes

Very cool, welcome!

3 Likes

Hey yā€™all, my name is Flynt. Iā€™m pretty old and have had the luxury of watching the evolution of this game transpire. Over the years Iā€™ve picked yoyoing up and put it down, several times. The Worldā€™s was in Cleveland this past weekend and I live in Ohio, so I got to check it outā€¦ once more I find myself inspired. I like to think I have a fairly decent arsenal of tricks and learning new ones is a very enjoyable way to spend my time. I love my collection of high ends and am looking to grow it without paying top dollar all the time. I figured the best way to do that is some networking with those of a shared interest. Iā€™m working on the Bewilder tutorial on CLYW site. Iā€™m waiting on some new strings and just flowable siliconed all my old pieces (the ones whos responses have worn off). I love how muscle memory will bring a trick back from what seems like nowhere. If you live in Ohio and want to share tricks HMU. If yourā€™re looking to lighten your collection and are cool with a little haggleā€¦ HMU.
Let it spin!
Flynt

8 Likes

Welcome! Who had your favorite routine from Worlds?

2 Likes

Hi! Thank you! A young lady spun to a Queen song, had a queen shirt on, and she tore it up. It was on Friday btwn 3-6. Iā€™d like to find out her name. Iā€™d follow her if I knew. She had the crowd captivated, like Freddy. Iā€™m not even sure how she placed.

7 Likes

Hi , my name is Chris . I am about three weeks into yo-yo culture. I am already a primadonna. I am also into powerlifting. 29 years old.

So far Iā€™ve pretty much learned most of the intermediate tricks on the trick tutorials on this website . Working on cleaning them up . Donā€™t always have the cleanest returns to my hand.

Anyway hi,

9 Likes

That was Miri Kim, she took 2nd in that division.

11 Likes

MarkD,

Thank you kindly. Thatā€™s the one. I have respect for anyone that gets up there to compete, but she was definitely the stand out. Second place!
Nice work, young lady.

3 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m zane Iā€™m only 11 and have recently gotten really into yoyoing my fav Yoyo is the N12 cos itā€™s my only metal unresponsive Yoyo Iā€™ve dinged it once still plays fine but has a dent I was quite upset but oh wellā€¦ Iā€™m really exited to join everyone in this great world of the Yoyo!

14 Likes

Yo nice to meat a fellow 12/11 year old!

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes