Introduce Yourself!

Uh…clicked on wrong suggestion to reply to…meant codinghorror’s suggestion.

Ordered a confusion, Thank You!

2 Likes

Tomorrow I’ll search for a “how to from scratch” video…

1 Like

I think something like the First Base by Recess or the newer speedaholic by c3yoyodesign or anything similar to those. With that budget, and just getting back into it you could grab a few things even, just to experiment. One other thing to remember though, if nothing else, as far as extras go, don’t forget the strings haha.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion on a “how to” info site and watched a video on string selection. Didn’t pay much attention since I didn’t have a yoyo but remember enough that I need to look at it again now knowing which yoyo I’ll be starting out with whenever it gets here.
Most likely will also ask my grandsons about yo-yoing - they might be able to give me firsthand instruction. They have all sorts of gadgets, wish I was in their shoes - not.

3 Likes

I highly agree with the suggestion of a First Base. Couldn’t have asked for a better learner throw, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Welcome! It sounds like yoyos sure bring you a lot of happiness. It’s awesome you still have your first one!!!

8 Likes

hello, my name is Bimo I am from Indonesia, yoyoing since 07’ got an account here actively as a yoyo modder and go for a hiatus years ago. and I’m back since new year of 2019 I played yoyo again, modding again etc. so yeah…hello…

16 Likes

well hello to yo to Bimo

3 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Sam and I have been yoyoing for about 3.5 years. I started yoyoing back in late 2013 and did for a year before stopping and picking it back up again at the start of 2017. I found out about YoYoExpert in 2013 when I was browising the internet for yoyo related content. Besides yoyoing I like to play video games and baseball. I enjoy hooks and rejection thype tricks (even though I am not great at them. ) and my favorite yoyos are the unprld redcution the duncan windrunner the topyo silenus and the yyf shutter. I am glad to be part of this community.

14 Likes

welcome my dude

Hi there!
My name is Bobo, I am from Serbia. Had a yoyo for a long tima, now want to learn how to pplay. So far I have three yoyoes, Tom Kuhn Sb2, Bebboo g6 and Gem and ordered Duncan Butterfly.
My tricks? Hm, walk the dog, around the world… basic ones for now.

C ya around :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hola!

I’m Chris, though many people get tired of reading my username after the first two syllables and assume my name is Adam. I am trash at yoyo compared to many, but it’s fun and relaxing, and I have a bit of an issue with collecting things. I started throwing in elementary school during the late-90’s boom, and have been on and off since. I got my first good throw in about '06 with the Buzz-On Element X ReMix. Modern stuff only started for me a little over a year ago, and now I’m hooked.

I love loud music, pokemanz, villains, coffee, yoyo, and my wife and son. Not in that order, lol. I live in sunny Tucson, AZ, and I love it here. I probably spend too much time on these forums and r/throwers, but honestly you people are my tribe. I can’t talk shop with anyone I know in person, so it’s really nice to have a safe space to get my yoyo on.

11 Likes

Hello!

Name’s Ruth and I am a recent arrival to the yoyo scene. I am the proud owner of a First Base. It’s been so far so good– with the exception of my first throw where I, uh, gently flung my poor yoyo into the concrete… :sweat_smile:

Anywho, I am currently working on a project to design a yoyo accessory. The grand goal is to design a product/system that gives throwers instantaneous, simple feedback on the quality of their throws. It’s all in the name of allowing players to build a solid foundation and even guide them as they advance.

Y’all’s (the thrower/yoyoing community’s) dedication and enthusiasm is what really motivated me to dive into this world, so I’ve really been enjoying working my work. I’m sure you’ll see me skulking around somewhere questioning the masses on their thoughts regarding various concepts or their experiences as a whole. Sending everyone thanks ahead of time for their feedback!

10 Likes

Interesting, what would this look like, how would it work? :thinking: is it a digital thing?

4 Likes

I been out of the hobby for about 7 years or so. Decided to jump back in with a DV888. Before I had lost my collection my favorite throw was the Di Base

5 Likes

I’m still in the process of ideating, so it’s currently all up in the air. I want to make sure I’m designing something useful, so at the moment I’m working on setting up a new topic to get some guidance/feedback before I set too much in figurative stone. Nothing worse than designing a piece of junk that no one actually needs.

1 Like

Hi! I’m Edward, I’m 12 as of now, and I love Yo-Yos
Also I like to read but I SURE AS HECK AIN’T READING THIS 1500 MINUTE THREAD

2 Likes

I’m David. I’ve had conventional yoyos for fun, even a responsive bearing one(broke after a day). Two months ago I bought my first “good yoyo” and started from scracth:)

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Cory. I’ve been yoyoing for a little less than a year. I started at 40 years old. I really wish I would have realized how amazing yoyo is at an earlier age but hey better late than never. I became a father for the first time at 40 years old too. Hopefully I can show my son yoyo and it will be a hobby we can share together.

I’m not trying to compete or learn every trick as quickly as possible. That’s not what yoyo is for me. For me yoyo is about relaxing and de-stressing. It’s a hobby I can obsess over at a reasonable and comfortable pace :wink: :yo-yo:

15 Likes

Welcome! I look forward to your future “I Finally Landed It!” posts :wink:

4 Likes