Introduce Yourself!

Greetings throwers! I’m 47 years old and I’ve been throwing and collecting yoyos for about 3 months. I first came to YYE for the tutorials. I then started lurking on this forum to learn more and I also became a customer. I’m happy to join this community and I look forward to growing in this amazing hobby/sport.

1 Like

This a fabulous hobby to share with out kids and grandkids. Welcome!

1 Like

why hello, im old. comparatively very old. Im ex-og duncan crew (when shirt color was how we knew hold old you were, grey for those who could buy beer and red for not… oddly enough i have both). Ohio native (have carried Mr brown from strip clubs ohio).

i recently have found my old yoyos, most of them are not players by todays standards…but will fill holes in your collections. they will all be for sale. as their sentimental value is all but gone.

justin

Some of us are old and some of us are OLD. Where from in Ohio? Being an old Duncan Crew you would like fixed Axle February.

im 40, so pretty old. and im by youngstown, but used to go to club in hudson at the toy store. I have some old polished up apollos that would love fixed axle feb

I have some fond memories of Youngstown and those Apollos sound great.

Hello. I’m Justin. Started throwing ~2006 or so I think? Recently I’ve been getting back into it. I tried logging into my old stomping grounds and found them missing…so here I am!

Yep, they pulled the plug on that one in December 2017. Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Hello I’m Jacob (25 yrs old) a decent thrower definitely a die hard Duncan supporter I use a Duncan torque with mods, strix and last but not least a Duncan origami also snake :snake: bite string tall and fat kitty :cat: string as well…
Really what happened is I remembered beginner tricks I learned at 12… but I’m just peaking In advanced throwing if anyone has hand starting methods I would be really happy to listen.:blush: hope to make some friends here.:slightly_smiling_face::smile:

1 Like

Hello, i’m Mauro, an italian 20yrs old male that’s just getting into yoyos.
I’ve purchased a Yoyo Factory ONE an i’ve been having a lot of fun in the past month.
Still getting the hang on a lot of tricks (spare time is hard to come by) but i really like the yoyo overall feel and sense of accomplishment when you finally manage to put that trick down.
I’m hoping to get to know other yoyoers (if it’s a word?) here and perhaps get some advice on some tricks or issues i may be running into in the near future ^^

Hi, I’m Mark. I started to throw in the 90’s with a Yomega Firestorm Wing and skip ahead to a few years ago, my my (now) wife won a real cheap crappy yoyo in the fair, which reignited my interest when I couldn’t find my original yoyo.
I started out by buying a YYF DV888, then converted it to an unresponsive yoyo a year later. Present day, my collection has grown to about ten yoyos, and I’d love to meet fellow throwers online and hopefully in New York State, specifically in Buffalo, NY.

quick intro, got into the hobby back in 98 with a firestorm and played various yoyos for years. Life took over and I fell out of the game until 2012 when the hubstack thing was really growing. Got myself a few hubstacked throws but got bored with the novelty and fell out again until a few months ago. I’ve always dabbled in it from the beginning, frequently just carrying Da Bomb, FHZ or a Raider just for chill throwing. But boy has the hobby stepped it up!! Stuff you can get now for sub $50 is crazy!! Be nice to meet some other NY people. Southern Tier NY region.

My name is David. I’m 37 and I’ve been throwing for 8 months. I’m about halfway through Kamikaze and I’m semi-consistent with Kwyjibo. I’m hoping to start a yoyo themed YouTube channel in the near future.

I had spinal fusion surgery (T6-S1) in 2013 and I have chronic back pain. The 90s yoyo craze passed me by. At some point I had a Duncan Butterfly but I never tried any tricks. Several years later I started playing Terraria on PC and that put the OD Terrarian on my radar. At that time I thought they were charging way too much for a “simple toy.” Fast forward to last year and I had a short lived fidget spinner problem. After I realized that yoyos are like fidget spinners, except fun I bought a couple cheap plastics. Then I learned to bind and worked my way through Magicyoyo’s greatest hits. Now I’m 30 throws in and practicing for at least an hour a day.

I got a Terrarian for Christmas and I love it btw.

Good day!

My name is Steve, I live in Cornwall in the UK and I am 35.

First enjoyed playing with a yoyo in the late 90s when there was a bit of a craze for them over here, started with a Playmaxx Pro-Yo then got the Playmaxx Bumblebee for Christmas and played the heck out of it for a few months learning from a trick book until I mastered the most complex trick in it which was Split The Attom. Somehow I lost interest, skip forward to about 2011 and I picked up a Yoyojam Lyn Fury which was my first unresponsive throw. I wasn’t aware at the time how much things had progressed in the hobby so I used it just for fun going over all the tricks I used to do. Again lost interest after a few months.

Skip forward to Xmas 2017 and unexpectedly I received a Magicyoyo V6 from my sister, I am now realy really into the hobby, bought a few yoyos and I have been learning new stuff from Tutorials online and am progressing slowly but steadily. I really REALLY like playing yoyo.

Sorry for the long message!

Don’t be sorry. I think it is great that you found the hobby again. Now it is time to teach the kids.

Cheers man! I don’t have any kids but my nephew turned 5 yesterday, one of the presents I got him was a Duncan Imperial :slight_smile:

Fellow Spinners!
I am a 56 year old out of work physics teacher, yo-yoed all my life, and been going unresponsive for about year now.
Still can’t grind well and I am still learning binds… No lacerations yet!
Yesterday I learned my first slack trick: Man of the Trapeze and his Brother Slack Mount. Pretty psyched!
I have been having trouble with Boingy-boingy for several months now. and I’m dying to learn finger spins!
Back in the 1990s, I worked with Yomega to write a lab manual for Yo-yo Physics. They paid well, I made a few grand off of it!
Here in the Adirondacks this late winter, skiing has sucked and the lakes won’t be open for paddling for another month…I’ll be listening to Dixieland Jazz with a string tied to my finger!
Mark

Yes, the winter has been just nasty. Not enough snow to have much fun, but enough to make it miserable. And the lakes are still hard, with ice out delayed a couple of weeks beyond normal. My canoes are getting lonely.

Yoyoing just rounds out an unemployed active life and being mature you appreciate it more. Weclome!!!

Hello my name is Joaquin. I am a full time college student working part time trying to get their welding certification. I work at a Dairy Queen so if anyone needs ice cream recommendations let me know. I also enjoy playing guitar and skating my favorite companies for all hobbies are CLYW, One Drop, and YoYoFactory for guitars it would be ESP and Jackson and for skating I prefer Zero Skateboards, Thunder Trucks, Spitfire Wheels, and Mom Griptape, and for skateshoes Vans Sk8-hi pro.