Introduce Yourself!

I’m just some guy, you know? I played with yoyos when I was growing up but then forgot about them for about 18 years, so I went from a Turbo Bumblebee to modern yoyos. I still prefer responsive yoyos. I just find them more fun challenging.

Hello internet. I love to throw. I signed up to get involved with the BST. Been a huge fan of the Reddit r/throwers community as well. Love this site

I believe I speak on behalf of the entire internet in extending you welcome to the forum.
Great to see some new names posting. On behalf of the yo-yo community everywhere, also welcome aboard to Malachi and UnseatedCarp0.

Howdy,

Relatively new yo-yo-er here, minus a brief couple of months during the 90s yoyo boom where I learned brain twister on a yomega brain. I picked the hobby up again in February after seeing one too many cheap party favor yoyos come home with my kids.

Now I’m learning cool unresponsive tricks, collecting lots of cool throws, and making my own string/trading strings on Reddit.

Attached is a photo of a cool yoyo/string combination!

Hi, I m newbie here from East Sussex, UK. Working as Activity Co-ordinator at residential care home for elders.Apart from that my hobbies are travelling and reading. I love to explore new things.

Hi all.

Another UK thrower here. From London this time.

Same as MarkD above, I first discovered this hobby during the boom in the late 90’s (cannot believe it was that long ago!) I remember having a Yomega Fireball among others that I can’t remember. Wish I still had them all now. I also had Richie’s “Splitting the Atom & Other Yo-Yo Stuff” book. The thought of splitting the atom back then just seemed impossible and like many others my interest died out with the craze.

Fast forward almost 20(!!) years and I got my first unresponsive a couple of years ago. Learned the majority of the beginner tricks and whips back then and have been casually throwing ever since. If only I’d kept it up over all that time… The number of things I could say that about though!

Would be great to meet some fellow 30-something players in London, like many of you I’m sure, I know absolutely nobody with any interest in this hobby. Hopefully becoming part of this community can ease that loneliness! ;D

Outside of yo-yo I’m expecting my first baby in a few weeks time so it’s all go at the moment!

J

1 Like

Being an elder myself I can tell you yoyoing can be a effective therapy. It builds eye-hand coordination and concentration. Have fun and welcome .

And to VaporWzard: Welcome back to the throw.

What’s up everybody new to the site loving everything about it so far I’m out here in Reno seems like I’m yoyo solo right now would love to meet others to hang out with learn some new things I’m already addicted to this loving it live in it my wife hates it hit me up anytime remember Reno Nevada or close by let’s link up my name is Nick but everybody calls me Nicco d3 gallo

Hey guys I’m Vince. From Las Cruces New Mexico looking to network with people. I literally know 0 people who throw in my city or surrounding cities like El Paso Texas. Been throwing since Christmas 2017, I’d consider myself pretty decent. Hit me up if your in the area!

Hi, that’s cool, I’ve been also playing yo-yo since Christmas in 2017! :slight_smile:

Hello guys my Name is Trace I am 25 years old I have been into yoyos for about 10 years and have loved every second of it!

Hi, Mr. Jacob Shelton, aka SKITZUSA, Yoyoz_R_Life_. Howz trix…

Greetings all!
My name is Steve, but you can call me Swoff and I’m here in north Texas.
After picking up a Duncan Imperial that one of my Kids got, I realized I remembered a few simple, basic tricks.
Well…one thing led to another and I got a Sage and I’ve been digging it ever since!
I look forward to getting to know y’all!

Hi, my name is Tony and I’m getting back into yoyoing after a many year break. Just amazed at how much the high end market has changed in the last few years. Right now, I’m working on my string tricks with a Yoyorecreation Fay.

My name is Ryan, and I’m into the history of the yo-yo. It seemed like this is the most active yo-yo community online, so I wanted to be a part of it!

Welcome everyone!

Hello, my name is Alexandre, I’m 47 years old, I work as a kickboxing coach and my hobbie is yoyo, I love you very much. and I really enjoy buying my yoyos in the yoyoexpert store, in my country I have a hard time learning tricks and buying yoyos and equipment. Thank you for welcoming me into the community.

Hi, everyone! My name’s Keith and I’m 52. I got back into yoyoing a couple years ago, though I’m still very much a beginner. I can do basic tricks, but the unresponsive stuff is still way beyond me!

I’m also a software developer and just released a 3D, mixed-reality yoyo app on the app store, if anyone is interested. I’d love to post about it, but I don’t want to be a spammer! Feel free to ask, if you’d like to know more about it!

Hey all,

Name is Kyle, been throwing for 13 years about. Not my first time here on the forums, but decided to get back into lurking. Lets kick it.

Kyle ‘Uberfish’ D.

Whoa! Uberfish! I remember you from TheYo. Glad to see you here!