Yeah I see āyo yoā branded red wooden yoyos like this here everywhere. Not sure if they all say āCanada gamesā or not, but the āyo yoā brand here is omnipresent.
However, I am not sure if for someone wanting to learn modern day yo yo, if a fixed axle wood yoyo is the way to go. From what I hear, you want a responsive yoyo with good bearings for good spin, and sort of a butterfly shape to do some string tricks as well.
Love those things! But youāre right⦠A modern wing shaped yo yo with a decent bearing and response makes learning easier and faster. Some of us just like making things tougher on ourselves.
hi, iām Charlie and live in Ogden Utah. Iām a huge fan of the Tom Kuhn products so my play is pretty old school, as am I, at 77, but still doing it. I dunno about a favorite trick ā Iām currently working on Shoot the Moon. Favorite yo-yos are the SB2 and original Silver Bullet.
A good friend of mine is Dale Myrberg, the 1996 world champion, who lives in Salt Lake City, just down the road from Ogden. Heās a great guy, still performing, and helps me with my technique. Heās as blown away by how modern yo-yo performers play as I am.
Howdy, Iām a new thrower based in PDX. Started in February of this year, just hit my four month mark. Iāve made a ton of progress and have so much more to learn. Favorite combo right now is probably hook vanish > beef hook > branding, Iām a sucker for hooks.
Hi everyone, Iām Justin and based in Australia. I joined this forum to learn a bit about yo-yoās and the different types there are (responsive-unresponsive, fixed axle) I wanted to make some for my kids, ended up settling on a fixed axle with a Delrin sleeve and aluminium body.
O.D: 50mm
Width: 30mm
Gap: 3mm
Weight:66.16grams
Itās sort of a take on new school but with old school fixed axle. I might change the delrin sleeve out to wood as this yo yo sleeps for ages and the kiddos battle to get it back up.
My name is Raymond, Iām so ancient that my first yoyo was a purple Duncan Imperial. I now have 3 unresponsives that I use almost daily, which along with my age would make you think Iām a yoyo monster wizard. I am at best a crappy intermediate. I once owned a Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet, alas it was stolen.
Wow, purple. Iām so old only the Emperor got to play with the purple yo-yos.
Welcome! Iām gonna guess that ācrappy intermediateā is still above my skill level. No need to apologize; we start where we are and get to where we get to. Just keep showinā up.
My name is Edwin Iām 43 and Iām new to YoYos. So far Iāve purchased the sage, MK1 ring bearer and now the Edition Forma. Looking forward to really learning tricks and having a great time.
I also ride Harleys, play video games, love my wife and kids but also deal with anxiety, panic and depression at times. I have no friends so Iām thankful for everyoneās kindness on the forums so far and looking forward to meeting more people and learning from you all.
I donāt give my exact location but im located About 40 minutes from Syracuse ny.
Aside from the video games I can relate. Hardtail chain-drive Sportster; rode it in two Iron Butt runs. Anxiety, panic, depression aye. Yoyos are great for that. When stuffās sitting on my head I can spend hours on just throw-and-catch and throw in the occasional 0A trick just to break it up a little. Love my responsives! The OD Deepest State pretty much lives in my hand these days.
This really is a sad thing to hear. Warm and genuine human connections are what really make life enjoyable. If you hang around here long enough, and if you can consider āinternet peopleā to be friends, then you might make a few around here.
So that is a very true statement. Growing up I had lots of friends but as I got older I got really distant. You know Iāve suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life. It comes and goes but the thing is it was. Iāve kind of become distant from a lot of people and over the years becoming distant. I basically just became a loner. If you want to say I honestly have a wife and three kids and I love them but in a general other than my wife and kids I have no one except for my brother.
I have literally no friends to talk to. I canāt pick up my phone and be like oh we want to go hang out. You want to go fishing because I have nobody. Iām 43 years old and Iām basically lonely and I think lately thatās whatās added to my depression because I donāt have people to talk to and sometimes I just get stuck in my own head cuz I canāt call somebody because would you like to chat? Would you like to go out to dinner?.
I actually want to fix that because I donāt like being lonely I donāt like having nobody to talk to or to hang out with. Thatās why Iām happy that I found these forums because a lot of people have been really nice and Iāve gotten a lot of advice on yo-yos. Iāve made a couple of mistakes ordered. Maybe too many yo-yos right now. Iām at five in the last two weeks. One being about $120 but I need to listen more also
Iām Jukaru⢠from the Philippines and Iāve been getting back into yo-yoing recently after taking a long break. I originally started around 2023, stopped for a while, and picked it back up again this year.
Lately Iāve been spending a lot of time learning side-style tricks, speed combos, slacks, and trying to build my own freestyle sequences. My favorite players are Hiroyuki Suzuki and Brandon Vu, and Iāve been watching a lotsa older competition freestyles!!!
Some of my favorite tricks are Boingy Boing, Asian Pops, The Brent, and recently Whip to Kamikaze Mount. Iām also starting to explore rail combos and more advanced string tricks.
I found YoYoExpert while looking up tricks, forum discussions, and random yo-yo questions, and finally decided to make an account after lurking for a while.
Pleasure to be here, and Iām looking forward to learning from all the information and discussions on the forums!!!
It seems like youāre already comfortable discussing your own difficulties with others. Opening up like that is often the most difficult hurdle to overcome and youāre already there. Give it time though, you didnāt get to this point overnight.