I'd love to see a special edition SB2 Deep state

A Deep State with Tortoise Shell anodizing and special bullet SEs. One can dream, right?

Here’s the original SB2 even though this legend needs no introduction.

19 Likes

That’d be awesome, I second this @da5id :wink:

8 Likes

I’d really love to see a Genesis edition Sugar Glider… :thinking:

5 Likes

I like the idea but I wouldn’t want to just copy Tom like that.

14 Likes

It’d be a respectful homage, and … uh… have you seen the state the Tom Kuhn company is in at the moment? It’s not good.

2 Likes

Partner with Tom and everybody wins!

9 Likes

Yes this would be the way to do it if we were to consider this :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I have the original anodize shop details if you want to go full authentic.

13 Likes

I haven’t lost hope yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I like the idea of dome side effects to keep the SB-2 aesthetic, but I’d like to see One Drop come up with a new dome design that makes them a bit lighter, if possible.

5 Likes

they’ve been putting out pieces and doing more work lately, @Sinister_Yoyos can vouch :wink:

keep the dream alive!

2 Likes

I’d be fine with a regular SE’ed Deep State as long as we get the beautiful tortoise anodization. :eyes:

4 Likes

You mean along with the black cup ano? The ano is important, certainly. But I think the SB-2 aesthetic is incomplete without the part that looks like, well, a bullet.

1 Like

Deep State could probably use a v2 design @da5id?

I love the original so so much, don’t get me wrong, maybe my all-time fave yo-yo… but it would very cool to see a possible Deep State V2 (Deeper State? How awesome would that name be?!) with…

• maybe a tiny bit more rim weight?
  • small bearing?
  • giant response pads?
  • perhaps a tad wider?

The G2 Respawn, Moonshine V2, and Weekender is kind of what I’m thinking here. Just brainstorming is all!

4 Likes

I will be able to attest to their quality when my Fat Cat and Sleep Machine come in next week around Wednesday or so.

1 Like

Why?

Dunno, just a feeling. I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Could someone explain to me what the love of small bearings instead of large in modern responsives is all about?

1 Like

I think its for the same reason wood fixies feel so good, the extra zip you get from having the string wound around a smaller diameter on a softer throw. I have a definite preference for my small bearing responsives over those with a large bearing.

1 Like

What is everyone’s favorite string for the Deep State?