What is your opinion on the deep state?

I ordered a deep state for my birthday because i am sick and tired of bimetals that all play the same. I want to return to the early days of my yoyo career.

10 Likes

Its awesome.

2 Likes

It’s the jam.

23 Likes

It will definitely be a very welcome and fun throwback.

I prefer greasing uo the bearing heavily so that it has a nice response that makes it to where you can shoot the moon and loop. It’ll kill spin time, but since you’ll be doing responsive tricks with this setup it won’t matter.

If I’m being honest, I only tried it unresponsive for like 5 minutes and went ti greasing the bearing.

It fits perfect in the pocket for an everyday carry. If someone want to try it, they will enjoy themselves because it is tug responsive.

If you grew up doing responsive tricks, it will bring you back to your glory days. It is a wonderful change up from unresponsive play and mixing in both keeps you from burning out.

5 Likes

I honestly don’t care for mine much.
It was a nice yoyo for when I was still getting up a collection.

I just really don’t like the middle of the road approach to the response, much prefer yoyos to be made to be responsive or unresponsive.
It really doesn’t do either great.

Maybe I’m the wrong demographic.

5 Likes

All it takes is a flat bearing, some grease and a thick string to get it very responsive.

Use a clean V bearing with a centering groove and a thin string then its completely unresponsive.

5 Likes

It’s one of my all time favorites. Ditch the stock pads since they stick out. Put some slightly recessed red rtv silicon in, fill the bearing with thick looping lube, add a little bit of grease on the outside of the bearing shield and put a short thicker string on it. Once the bearing has spun in a bit it’ll kill for 0a and responsive 1a.
It’s definitely a yoyo that it pays off to play with setup. Out of the box it is a little off putting for some.

6 Likes

It is a very nice yoyo, whether you like it or not. Relaxing. Capable. One of the smoothest sleepers, I think. It’s also got the side effects, which is fun, and it feels lightweight, and the finish is so nice. It’s a go to for ease and comfort.

4 Likes

If you’ve still got yours I’d recommend a rubber shielded bearing with some grease in it. Turns it into a 0A monster, and I can still do split the atom.

3 Likes

Love it. Its a wonderful piece to have for casual throwing. It’s something I can never get rid of. Also Lego side effects fit it so well.

2 Likes

I have had a deeper state for about a month and just got my deep stare yesterday. I love how thin it is and the weight is near perfect. I have one coming in Saturday Market. It may take top spot in my collection.

3 Likes

This man likes his deep state!

2 Likes

This :arrow_up:

3 Likes

you-dont-have-to-take-my-word-for-it

4 Likes

It will not play like any standard unresponsive, and thats part of the point!

If you like a challenge, and are willing to play around with lubing (or swapping pads and bearing to go unresponsive) and doing tweaks in general, then it’s definitely worth trying out. Im always playing with a MMC, but when i leave the house, i grab the deep state.

3 Likes

I like it enough to the point where I’m starting a collection of them specifically!

6 Likes

Love it. I always take it out and about cause it’s so pocket friendly, and somehow it usually ends up being my most thrown yoyo when I travel/go on vacation, likely because it is so easy to carry around and can do a decent amount of tricks. It’s a very welcome change of pace from throwing a regular yoyo for sure, especially something super high performance (like a bimetal as OP mentioned). It’s also just fun to see what tricks you can land on it. Love the Deeper State as well. I feel like both are a staple and absolute must in any collection.

8 Likes

I am too but it was unintentional. First I got a prototype that weighs 68g so not really what you want in responsive but fun to throw but I was still on the prowl. Then I got a purple one and a black one at this latest drop. Then I saw a Saturday Market and hooked up so I’m at four. By accident.

2 Likes

Thats a stunner. That would take over my pocket too.

1 Like

I have one in the mail, but after what people are saying im worried it wont be responsive enough, but I plan to thick lube the c bearing and throw some ammo on it. Should do the trick

2 Likes