Unresponsive Deep State

Got the thick Dif-e-Yo shims on the recommendation from @YoYoExpertGarrett and threw in some rubber O-rings from the hardware store. Plays really well actually. Other than the width of course, it feels almost exactly like a Wedge on the string.

8 Likes

Deep States are one of the coolest looking yo-yos of all time IMHOā€¦man I love them.

I have 3 atmā€¦1 set up as really responsive, 1 semi and 1 unresponsive. I actually really enjoy throwing the unresponsive around once in awhile.

1 Like

Thats a really cool colorway. Ive never seen a Deepstate in thst finish. Whats that finish called? G2 has a very similsr colorway but the name escapes me at the moment.

3 Likes

Why all this versus simply thick lubing the slim C bearing? I am not clear.

1 Like

Heā€™s not looking to make it more responsiveā€¦heā€™s talking about making it unresponsive here.

2 Likes

Ah I missed that my bad! Topic makes much more sense now :slight_smile:

Though if you really want freakishly narrow UNresponsive then the Old School Throws Resto is the way to go.

6 Likes

I was looking to not buy a whole new throw, though the resto does look really nice. There is also the Huatian ROTOR Iā€™ve had my eye on.

4 Likes

Not sure the name of it. @Da5id or @The_Machinist could shine a light there. But if itā€™s not called Shiny Dragonite then I disagree.

7 Likes

Holy #### that thing is gorgeous!

1 Like

Howā€™d you set yours up to be really responsive? I like responsive throws sometimes and am always trying to make mine more so.

1 Like

Iā€™m just using a well lubed bearing and double looped the string around it.

Ah, makes sense. I donā€™t actually have any thick lube. So maybe Iā€™ll have to pick some up.

1 Like

I used 3-in-one oil that I found at walmart for something like $3.
It works well as a thick lube out of the bottleā€¦but you can also mix it with mineral spirits to make a nice thin lube as wellā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks so much I am doing this now!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! :smiley: Let us know how it turns out for you :smiley: