I got scammed out of $140 by @Enjoit

If worse comes to worse this could work seeing as though multiple, still active, members have carried out successful transactions with him.

3 Likes

Thank you for the effort.

kgb

2 Likes

Remember last year or so when there was a collection for MoonageMin I donated too. Even though I told them via PM the person was a scammer and he defended them?

3 Likes

It shows that @YoyoGeezer has had multiple successful transactions with him. @MWB has also had a successful transaction with him. These are the only still active members I recognize. So, do you guys think you could find his address? It has to be somewhere in Lafayette, Louisiana. But seeing as though this is 10 years ago the possibility that he has moved is not unlikely, but a shot in the dark couldn’t hurt.

4 Likes

I also helped him reclaim the funds via his bank. Our credit protection laws are different to the US which means even with F&F we are able to take action via credit card provider.

5 Likes

I am not sure what you could do if you had an address. My transaction was in 2013. I have no information; sorry.

2 Likes

Found him, thanks to the PayPal email @felinespin posted. He did indeed previously live in Lafayette, LA, I have those addresses as well. Here’s his information if you’d like to call the local police in the area.

Edit: Removed identifying information, as victims have it now.

16 Likes

Congrats on finding the guy, but keep the doxxing to PMs.

14 Likes

Venmo has a chat function.
He’s been put on notice. Maybe the fact that we know where he lives will get some reaction?

kgb

10 Likes

@NitroBobby916 - just did the same thing! I’ll keep everyone posted if I get a response.

Thank you @SR1 for your help!!!

6 Likes

I know it’s been said but I feel the need to repeat it. I love this community. You guys are looking out for each other, it’s great to be a part of.

Thank you to everyone who is helping out with this.

kgb

9 Likes

You have a knack for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this, good sleuthing! It’s good to get his name out there in case the guy tries to create a different account, this will make it more difficult for him to scam this community again.

Ivan

8 Likes

As noted above, the fees for Goods & Services are inexpensive insurance against these kinds of disputes. I do not have experience with Venmo; but Paypal has always been fair and timely resolving disputes like this; with zero hassle.

3 Likes

My god, does no one here understand the legal repercussions of “doxxing” someone in a public forum?! Somebody is exercising some incredibly bad judgement. Unbelievable.

BTW: I’ve flagged a couple of posts that I think have seriously crossed a line.

8 Likes

Yea as much as I’m not down with scammers I’m also of the opinion that should be removed. Who knows if that’s even the guy.

5 Likes

The name matches the one on the Venmo account I sent the money to.

I’d say it’s him.

The guy stole money from several people and I’m not supposed to let everyone know who it is?

Yeah. Let’s protect the criminal.

kgb

5 Likes

“Doxxing” is generally not illegal. At any rate, put me down for being in support of alerting the community to the name of a likely scammer. As always, mods will clean things up if anything is out of line.

8 Likes

Yea it’s a tough one I dunno maybe I’m in the wrong. If it were me I’d probably just share the name amongst the people involved but at the same time i see the value in name and shaming to prevent it happening again as well. Although if this guy faces real world consequences like the authorities being contacted in his local area I doubt he’d be back to try it again anyways.

2 Likes

I think that Mr. Butcher could be the red one I sold him in 2013? Great yo-yo. Kind of wish I had not sold it…

2 Likes