I got scammed out of $140 by @Enjoit

Avoid doing “business” with this person.

The situation:
@Enjoit posted some throws for sale on the BST (even came back and updated the post with side effects). He had a throw that I’ve been trying to get for quite some time, so I was excited to find one. Communications were slow but he did come back to the post and explain some things so I was feeling OK with it, though I had some hesitation. Should have gone with my gut on this.

I agreed to his asking price and he asked if I could send the payment via Venmo (this is why we use PP G&S). I agreed since I’ve never had a bad transaction through this community. I sent the money last Saturday and followed up with a message asking him to confirm receipt of payment. He did respond the following day apologizing for the delay. He stated that he had received the payment and that he would be shipping the throw the following day (Monday). That was the last time I heard from him.

I have sent several messages to him asking for updates/tracking/any info at all. I have received nothing back. On Saturday I sent another message asking for him to either refund my money or provide tracking for the shipment, there was no response. I sent another message yesterday telling him that I would be posting this negative transaction information and to please avoid this by just letting me know what’s going on. No response.

I sent another message to him this morning letting him know that I am posting today and that, should he have a reasonable explanation, I will edit the post. I sincerely hope that I am proven wrong and that there was some reason for the silence on his end. Until that occurs, I will go on the assumption that he is a scammer and a thief.

Avoid at all costs.

Use PP G&S for transactions with new people and trust your gut. Learn from my mistake, don’t repeat it.

kgb

24 Likes

Seems he goes off the grid now and then (by his own admission)
Don’t give up yet, he has been here a long time to suddenly start scamming.
Usually a scammer is more of a hit and run type.

8 Likes

This is what I am hoping for. I’m trying not to be hating on someone. I understand things happen in life and this is likely not the most important thing he has going on. However, he did acknowledge receiving payment and at this time has not responded in over a week. I can only go off of this experience.

I am hoping he comes around and I can edit this post to say he was just slow and everything else was OK.

I appreciate the reply and I will hold onto some hope.

Thanks
kgb

6 Likes

Their last post before November was may 2014. It wouldn’t be unheard of for someone to pop back in and run a scam. But hopefully it’s just them not having access to the forum like they’ve said and just haven’t gotten around to shipping yet. Either way, the contactless delay isn’t reassuring in the least.

Also FWIW you can do G&S payments via Venmo too. I just learned this the other day when someone could only pay me that way and it showed up with some fees taken out and marked as such a transaction. It makes sense, it’s owned by PayPal so they’re consolidating the features of their products.

6 Likes

Thanks. I’ll look into that. I honestly didn’t look too heavily into that aspect as every interaction I have had previously through this forum has been incredible. Even if I got scammed, it won’t sour me doing other deals here, I will be more careful in the future though. I have a bit of a sentimental attraction to this particular throw, so I let that aspect sway my judgement.

We’ll see what happens. Like i said, I look forward to updating this post with good news, I’m holding onto the hope.

kgb

4 Likes

I hope there is a good reason for @Enjoit going silent on you. I also hate to see people get scammed by not paying G&S. On the whole this is an incredible community, and, in general, I’ve found yoyo players to be some of the nicest people in the world. However, if you steal from someone, you are nothing more than a lowlife thief.

6 Likes

Good luck I’m hoping that it’s just because it’s a busy time of year for everyone with holidays and travel. Fingers crossed that it all works out. Most of the people I have met here are really nice so would be discouraging to hear that there are scammers.

6 Likes

I attempted to purchase the purple Dietz. I was told to pay via Venmo as if was his preferred method of payment and if that wasnt an option we would work something out. When I responded with a PayPal g&s(covering fees of course) suggestion I received no reply…

Im sorry for anyone who got burned on this. Looks like he saved me some money but now Im out Dietz S.E.s which is a shame.

10 Likes

I feel like stuff like this is gonna get worse next year when PayPal starts to 1099 everyone. A lot of people are gonna start wanting friends and family or other payment methods .

10 Likes

i got burned by @Yardist about 2 months ago, and he hasn’t been on since. i went the g&s route and when he ghosted on my replies i filed a case. however, i didn’t escalate my case (never heard of that) - i’m supposing he fought it - but paypal didn’t cover me, i never got a refund and i never got the sudo i sent him $120 for. never heard of that escalating thing, but just a heads up

12 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 I hear ya I’ve only ever had to do that a couple times important to stay on top of too because it’s time sensitive

6 Likes

Agreed.

I won’t make that mistake again. If it’s not someone I’ve done business with before or, at least, someone who is a known trader here with excellent feedback, G&S will be the way forward for me.

As stated, if something changes, I will update this thread.

I appreciate the views and responses here. I’m hoping I can help someone avoid the same mistake I made.

Still hopeful, though realistically doubtful.

kgb

9 Likes

I was going to make a post about this as well. I also purchased some stuff from @Enjoit a little over a week ago. He also got back to me a few days later when I asked if he had shipped and he said he would the following day bc he was just getting back from a trip. Haven’t heard anything since.

Like @NitroBobby916 I was also dumb enough to not send G&S and also sent via Venmo because I’ve had dozens of purchases over the BST over the years and never had any issues so I wasn’t too concerned. I’ve tried contacting them via Venmo as well but also nothing.

@NitroBobby916 DM me what you purchased. If it’s the same as what I did then we will obviously know it’s a scam

Rather frustrating since this was a larger purchase. Looking back I guess there were definitely some red flags that I should’ve paid attention to but live and learn unfortunately.

8 Likes

Can you attempt to take legal action? If you have messages and whatnot about the deal you made and it not being kept with you could find his location and call the local police of that area

4 Likes

@andy569 I don’t really see the need for a DM. If it’s the same throw, this would solidify that he’s a scammer and ensure he’s not going to be able to scam here again. At least not with the same name.

The throw I was trying to purchase was the YoYoRecreation Mr Butcher. Same?

I was contacted via DM by another member who also is going through this. He paid for a throw and got ghosted. Not the same one as me though, so there’s that.

kgb

3 Likes

Now is another great opportunity to demystify and alleviate people’s fear about PayPal G&S fees.

The G&S rate (at the time of this post) is: 2.89% + $0.49

So if you spend $100 you’d add an extra $3.48 to cover fees. That’s cheap insurance.

There’s also calculators that will do the math for you.

6 Likes

really dude? you feel the need to throw that in?

thanks.

if you read the post up until now, you would have seen that i knowingly sent via Venmo and was unaware that G&S was available there.

but. again. thanks for the PSA.

hindsight and all.

kgb

2 Likes

Yes, I feel the need to throw that in. Please calm down.

This is to help other people reading this thread from repeating your mistake because they might be afraid of dealing with fees and/or math. This problem happens so often it’s laughable, but here we are again.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I was purchasing a Mr. Butcher…

I got this message from him 13 days ago:

Hi and thanks for the interest!

Ok well I’ve been trying to go through all my mssgs and I’m almost done but looking at your mssg just made me realize I’ve been going in reverse.

Feel like such an idiot rn.

I just replied to two different users one wanted the butcher the other the e= but just sent the mssgs and haven’t received any reply yet but yours was by far the first offer of anyone so if you get this and they still haven’t paid me they’re all yours.

I responded and just asked to verify if they’re still available and he said yes.

Hi there and once again sorry for the late reply. I’ll be coming back home tomorrow from the holidays and I seriously cannot wait to get back lol

Yes so I’ve been going thru my mssgs (the proper direction now) and yes those are still available so congrats they’re all yours.

^That was 11 days ago. Im not sure what your message history looks like.

Was the other person you were messaging looking to buy the e=?

2 Likes

listen. i appreciate your attempt at making the world a better place but this isn’t adding to the discussion.

everyone who has posted has already said that we should always use G&S. this is obvious. i didn’t and this is what happens. my example shines bright, as does others who have posted. coming in after the fact with the PSA about how cheap the insurance is comes off as pompous. i mean, look at he OP. i said as much myself. you felt the need to repeat it.

this thread is simply to inform the community of a potential scammer and/or thief and recommend not doing business with @Enjoit.

feel free to disagree or whatever but i would appreciate keeping the thread to the topic at hand.

thanks
kgb

4 Likes