How much vibe is too much?

I only get annoyed when buying resell and someone advertises the Yoyo as having a little vibe, when in reality what it has is a pulse like wobble. Has happened to me a few times.

I guess you could have also mentioned that there is no such thing as a ‘dilithium coated Phospho spiked vacuum chamber’…

But why sweat the details👍

1 Like

Note: A tumor does not necessarily identify cancer. A tumor designates a growth or ‘lump’.There are many types of tumors. Only pre-malignant and malignant types are cancerous.

Steve, no doubt meant to draw a mental image of a lump on a string.

I am positive Steve had no intention of looking for a way to utilize ‘tumor’ as a humorous cancer reference.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

We have technology!

Vibration is measured in H-D U’s (H-D units) with 0 being roughly equal to a marshmallow resting calmly on a pillow, to 100, which is equal to racing an iron head sportster down the rumble strips at midnight under a full moon. No photo available as I have it on good authority that someone is trying to steal our design.
The floatometer is still in testing. The final unit will be calibrated in milicaspers, with 100 being the equivalent of throwing an SB2 on the space shuttle, down to 1, which is like throwing a YYF Buddha King 2 on Jupiter, which would probably rip your finger right off. This is a prototype, we are still looking for commercial grade psychomagnotheric slime needed to get the most accurate readings possible.

2 Likes

The vibromulator is being held up in EPA testing and the whole project might have to be scratched if we can’t get by emissions standards, still looking for a VW type fix.
This is a sketch with some stuff we’re getting ready for the Kickstarter page.

Maybe the intero capacitors could be replaced to reduce the hydro floro carbon output.

Marvin The Martian’s yoyo: “I hate being Vibromulatored!”

Two types of people in the yoyo world.

The kind that play yoyos for the tricks and don’t necessarily care if it vibrates.

Or the collectors that want a smooth yoyo for their case.

1 Like

I compete actively and don’t really collect yoyos, I only have sub-25 collection and many of them are looper, yet I care about vibe.
Although I’m not necessarily unable or not willing to play with vibey yoyos, I enjoy vibe free yoyos the most. Maybe it’s partially because of my rather perfectionist self.

Yeah, I think it’s a bit elitist to say only collectors, and not real players worry about vibe. Perhaps in general that’s true, but ultimately yoyos provide a visceral appeal, and we each have our own preferences.

Personally, I think a little vibe provides some good feedback. That’s why I make sure my throws are sloppy, so I can tell how well it’s spinning! ;D

I remember one guy on the forum here said that the first thing he does with every yoyo he buys is a massive walk the dog on concrete. If afterwards the yoyo doesn’t play smooth, it hasn’t passed the test and he chucks it.

This man is a legend in my eyes.

And how much money is wasted?

Money is meant to be spent. What is the price of a lesson learned?

Sounds more like a moron than a legend, if he needs to learn that lesson more than once! Actually, once is one time too many. Maybe he meant Ti yoyos…

Not a moron, just a man with standards.

Couldn’t a seismograph be ultilized in a way to measure vibe? And in my case, it really depends. If I’m expecting vibe, I won’t care. If I’m told it’s vibe free, or am expecting no vibe, then I will be a bit annoyed if there is, considering I would basically be lied to. And anyone can test for vibe unless there are medical reasons saying other wise, it’s just a matter of whether or not the person cares. In yoyos I like to play with, I don’t mind yoyos with a little bit of vibe as long as it’s not enough to affect the stability. In yoyos I like showing off, no vibe is mostly desired.