Minimal Vibration

For me, a little vibration is good.

When a throw is vibration free, it is hard to judge how much spin is left during a trick. I like a little vibration and a small amount of noise to provide feedback.

YMMV, Jeff

6 Likes

I do agree with this to a degree, a truly glass smooth throw is hard to judge for me as well

4 Likes

String vibe I don’t vibe with

Nail/touch vibe is fine

Pulse vibe makes me wonder what I did

9 Likes

Hell is full of pulse vibe dv888s

1 Like

Got started in yoyos at a time when even the best ones available had some kind of vibe. Encountering a dead smooth modern one is oddly wonderful but I also agree I can’t track how much spin it has left as easily. I drive stick too and its all sound and feedback/feel for me to shift smoothly.

2 Likes

I like my yo-yos as quiet and smooth as I can get them, which is one of the reasons I like splash anodizing and fades. At least then I get some visual feedback when it gets down to low RPM’s.

Edit: I also don’t mind a little vibe as long as it isn’t pulsing.

5 Likes

A little vibe on the nails is fine the important is do not feel it on the string as it ruin the flow of the combo most of the time, pretty much every yoyo I have does have a little vibe which doesn’t interfere with the playing, I had actually only 2 dead smooth yoyos one is the Shortcut by Yoyofriend and the other was the Float by Smashing yoyos, it feels nice a completely vibe free yoyo but doesn’t change much for the meaning of playing, so I am good with it!

3 Likes

So ive come to decide that for my collectors pieces i like them as smooth as possible. For my more play focued throws i actually prefer a little vibe as well to help judge the speed of the throw at the very end of combos when youre really pushing spin time! :blush::ok_hand:

2 Likes

I love my glass smooth bi metals because I’m constantly surprised by how long they spin. You feel like it’s been forever and you need to hurry up and finish the bind and :boom:! :face_with_head_bandage: it was spinning much faster than I thought.

3 Likes

In competitors stand point finger nail vibe good, but w o b b l e nah fam.

I get the anxiety if I play with dead smooth yoyo during mid freestyle since I don’t feel if my yoyo is starts to lose spin overtime and with a little bit of vibe it helps a lot.

3 Likes

Having some vibe is good to judge the speed of the yoyo. However I would prefer a yoyo with tons of power and no vibe, than a less powerful throw with no vibe.

2 Likes

Minimal vibe doesn’t bother me. I prefer a yoyo to be smooth when its fresh from the shop though. I want that liil vibe to be from me.

2 Likes

I might be in the minority here, but I absolutely love grinding a yoyo on my hand/arm and incorporating it as a part of my combos.

If a yoyo has vibe, it kills the amount of grind time and leftover spin once I pop it off my arm and want to continue with the combo.

It is part of the reason I have been such a fan of General yo. The blast they used in their earlier work in conjunction with being one of the first manufacturers putting out entire runs of dead smooth yoyos made me truly appreciate them. The Hatrick grinded forever.

Nowadays all yoyos are pretty much dead smooth and there are plenty with excellent grinding surfaces. And that is awesome.

5 Likes