How many yo-yos for travel?

It probably won’t work if the axle threads are exposed. With my RBCs and Respawn Lite, the bearing seats/posts touch each other, hiding the axle.

3 Likes

i would bring as follows
5a canyon
atlas
fh pro
flight

3 Likes

2 plastic, 2 mono metals, 2 bimetal in each pair one beater one not so beaten

1 Like

I bring 2.

One or two.
I take one monometal and one plastic. I don’t take bimetal on a trip because I learned in hate: I already beat a bime on the floor when drunk, and the yoyo became a vibration garbage for this.
DO NOT TAKE BIMETAL FOR TRAVEL

3 Likes

I like the idea of counting loopers as 1 yoyo.

Also the kids man I need to bring one for each kid :wink:

I won’t be taking a plane it’ll all be by car. We hear from DC to Myrtle beach to spend time with family while I work remote most of the time and then i have to head down to a few work sites the third week. Leaving family at the beach. I then head back up grab the family and take them to Orlando with me snd they get to have fun in Florida while I’m at a conference.

New job so vacation days are limited and I may get to take a day or two here or there but otherwise this is the closest we get to a “vacation” this year. That third week where I’ll be alone at work sites is gonna be boring.

With that said I honestly could live with 6 i mostly need a setup that’s okay for pool/beach and one that’s fine for sitting in a hotel room. We have the space to take whatever. I generally wait to yoyo until it’s late or everyone’s on there phones and tablets. I think the wife just doesn’t want what I did last year where I brought like a dozen yo-yos and bought a few more. I think by the time we where home I was toting 20 yo-yos around with me… if it was just a week or two vacation 4 would be fine but 4 weeks snd a bunch of work between… problem is probably I’m not excited for the trip anyway. Hopefully the wife and kids have a good time. For me it’ll just be work with extra steps.

Also this is 100% first world problems.

3 Likes

If you’re driving, I don’t see a reason to limit yourself…

That being said, “happy wife, happy life.” :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Why do you not bring bimetals? Your chances of dinging them in a different place are likely the same as dinging them where you live. I know that’s the case for me. Unless you’re traveling to a concrete cube. I would not bring bimetals to a concrete cube.

2 Likes

this is why i have beater bimetals

3 Likes

Of course! but not when you’re somewhere where you’re drinking all the beers/liquor like a mop and making a drain cosplay :joy:

2 Likes

I already had two, but both vibrated to the point of getting in the way, then I gave it as a gift to my nephews :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s funny, I’m going on a trip for three days and have spent a few hours agonizing over what to bring.

4 Likes

I travel for work so I bought the FD50 case. It’s a godsend.

I don’t know why 4 is the limit tho. The yyf hard case that holds 6 seems more reasonable.

3 Likes

I usually bring 4 myself in one of those yyf cases. Usually one of each shape and one of them I feel comfortable bringing out and about.

Im going away for the 4th in a couple days and this is what I’m personally bringing:

Ti emotion
Beater 5a monarch
Organic prototype
Assassin/5050/something small and pocketable.

3 Likes

This is what I have so far.

Grasshopper GTX
Good ol’ shutter
Shuriken Happo
CLYW Otter

2 Likes

Hey that’s the same bag I use for my favorite yoyos. Same color and everything. All i would suggest when you’re packing is that maybe make sure that each yo is distinct from each other. There’s no need to pack 2 yoyos that perform similarly to each other. That being said you’re the one packing, not me

2 Likes

That is actually a great idea.

This may be lame, but I hate traveling I get real anxiety being away from my wife and daughters. Yea yea I’m a baby I know.

I was trying to pack my “comfort” throws. Idk if anyone else has those, but ones that feel so comfortable and familiar and have good memories.

6 Likes

Personally i just equate those to my favorite yos. I always have the M+ and Hydro Crash on me because they just feel better than my other ones.

1 Like

HAHAHAH. I’m dying over here! :rofl:

1 Like

Yoyodoc out here saving lives with this advice.

2 Likes