How many yo-yos do you take on vacation?

How many yo-yos do you take with you on vacation?
I’m leaving on a two week road trip. My biggest concern is how many yo-yos and which ones to take? I feel silly packing a lot but I like diversity when throwing.
I’m thinking at least one bimetal, a couple wood fixies, a couple metal responsive, at least five metal 1a throws. Maybe my off string, and a loop 720. And some cheap plastics for people to try. What am I missing?

7 Likes

In b4 ed says “one”.

Seriously, though, I usually take between 6 and 12 when I go just about anywhere, so I have different things I can play around with and so I have some I can give away/let others play.

8 Likes

Im going on a trip for about two weeks as well soon and I was thinking I’d probably bring about 7/8 throws.

2 loopers
2 freehands
4 monometals

(i do not own a bimetal Lol)

7 Likes

what ? you think you’re cool mr. no bimetal?

3 Likes

Last vacation 33 Yo-yos

3 in my pocket
2 Jack Russell’s
1 MagicYoYo Hertz

14 In the cases
six Jack Russell’s
2 MagicYoYo Stealth
1 MagicYoYo Chosen
1 MagicYoYo T6 Rainbow
1 MagicYoYo Hertz (carrying two total)
1 MagicYoYo Aurora
1 Playmaxx Turbo Bumble Bee
1 Duncan Hornet

11 In the backpack
9 more Jack Russell’s
1 Spintastics Technic
1 MagicYoYo N12

5 Given away
5 Jack Russell’s given away to people I met on the trip that looked like they needed a Yo-Yo

9 Likes

At least 6 cause currently that’s what my case fits. Maybe 2 extra beaters though

2 Likes

I just take 1 monometal. If I feel like it ill throw a responsive in there as well.
I dont throw much on vacation :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I normally don’t throw much on vacation but I’m planning on changing that this trip.

3 Likes

Hey i never said i dont like em i just dont know what to get yet. and the aesthetics are very important to me

3 Likes

You get one your street cred will be completely ruined .

3 Likes

Nah were just broke XD

4 Likes

Typically just one responsive and one non.

2 Likes

When I go on vacation it is for a week or less, so I don’t pack a lot, but I usually bring 2 loopers, a modern responsive, a plastic, and two mono metals.

2 Likes

One and string

1 Like

I have a bag that holds a dozen throws and that’s basically my whole collection. I bring that bag if I’m going anywhere longer than a day or two. I need variety and also spare parts/backups.

4 Likes

On my most recent vacation I took a Butterfly XT and a FH1 to cover both types of throwing, responsive and semi responsive.

But seriously, I’ve got young kids, so I don’t tend to have much free time on vacation. Those two throws covered a lot of ground and I’m not overly worried about them getting lost or broken because they are cheap and available.

5 Likes

I normally only bring one or 2 unresponsives, sometime a responsive…but then I always regret not having giveaways on me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I CAME HERE TO POST THIS. :frowning:

hahaha generally 2-3 if i’m going for like a week, although i could get by w 1 most regular years no prob. i’m blessed with liking a lot of yo-yo’s enough to not get sick of em.

if i bring more than a handful, i feel compelled to play them, and i don’t want to pay mental rent on vacation. to me it’s like overpacking a bunch of shoes or redundant jackets.

diversity of tricks > diversity of throws, but to each their own! <3

11 Likes

I was just on vacation with just an SF-era 3-in-1 No Jive and an eH PockeHt

1 Like

My carry case holds 6 and 2 mini, i also have 2 loopers and a beater in my bag. My kids never let me play as much as i like, i actually throw more on my commute to work then on vacation.

4 Likes