How many here get by on a handful or less of yoyos?

Yeah. Some yoyos will definitely make learning easier and quicker but time and hard work are the main ingredients to progress.

4 Likes

Once my current listing is gone I’ll be back down to 5!

1 Like

I know practice is very important and all but isn’t the heist a bit too undersized compared to the majority to start on?

2 Likes

I also have the dv888, heist is super small but it’s fun to mess around with, and the more fun you are having the more likely you are to keep picking it back up and practicing

4 Likes

This thread is obviously not for the collectors or the faint of heart. Considering this, in addition to the reflection of why we play. What drives us, what compels us to walk across the room and pick up the yo-yo and throw it. Prospectively I play for many different reasons, competitively and recreationally as well as spiritually. Each of my reasons I separate and assign a medium or rack or case to. For competition I think inside of the confines of the rules, the physics of performance and the nature and designs of modern tricks that click. I forget who mentioned color matching their mood and clothes but that definitive style is what had become my rec rack which is filled with different colors shapes all congruent to my styles and varied enough to fit my feel. The third rack is what I call my spirit rack: (while I’m still forgetful) I’ve forgotten the name of the book but enjoyed the thread about the yo-yo reads in particular the book that Tom Khun edited which compares the spiritual disciplines of Asia and India with philosophy and “tao” ( “the way”) of lifestyle to achieve a plane of higher conciousness enlightenment In efforts to instill a purpose driven spinning life. This last rack is comfort and meant for throws that are capable of longer spin durations and typically more geared towards tech innovation. Thanks for posting this topic, it really gets inside of the monster inside of all of us, throwers and collectors alike.

The first rack had the least- 3-4 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@ThrowTrue

Your sizeable vocabulary is superbly splendid, stocked with superfluous syllables. Similarly spectacular is your placing spiritual significance in stacks of spinning things with spiffy strings.

So, separating your superbly Spun soliloquies with sensible sizing via the space bar (and similarly: the return key) makes it so much simpler to see.

Sayonara :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I got you up until the spacebar [^_^] double entendres, or writing format?

Thanks for your insights Thomas,

-Josh

I don’t really buy the supposed ‘spiritual’ aspects of yoyoing.

They spin and they’re a lot of fun.

6 Likes

Take my money. :joy:

1 Like

I’ve only got one and that is a replay pro.

3 Likes

I’ll always have more than I need but fewer than I want.

7 Likes

Im currently sitting on 15 throws that represent a very broad range of style, weight, shape etc. Im at the point where I am pretty content and dont find myself being so tempted by the latest drop. Will I get more? Yes. The difference is I now consider trading or selling an item i dont use or enjoy so much instead of just growing my collection. If I had to I could easily pick 3 throws from my case and be content but I do enjoy veriety and the collecting aspect of yoyos.

4 Likes

Good question. But I had very less yoyos. At a certain time period I had no strings. And I still have no response pads.i play without the pads.

1 Like

You don’t have response pads in your yoyos?

4 Likes

Do you need pads? Those can be mailed in an envelope worldwide. I could mail you some!

5 Likes

I like your helping nature @codinghorror but I want to go on my talent. I will buy it once I get a job, I am learning web development and applying in freelancer and up work. and I am working on horizontal yoyo tricks. I don’t know how to perform horizontal tricks. I also want to perform horizontal tricks like Hiroyuki Suzuki. I am practising it by watching online tutorials.

2 Likes

Yes I don’t have.

2 Likes

If I stack all my yoyos real good, I could probably fit them in my hand. I have around 20. I barely throw most of then tho. The past month i have only thrown my Topyo origin and my Spinworthy Harbinger. I love both of those very much. I will still buy more but I could get by with just those.

7 Likes

I do… But I do have big hands!

1 Like

I am sort of in the same boat.

1 Like