How many here get by on a handful or less of yoyos?

“I want to go on my own talent.”

I don’t think that pads are cheating or something like that, most yoyos need some kind of response system, it can be Starburst, Silicone or something else but I really think that pads will make it so much easier, pads are a part of every yoyo, that is why there is a groove there, I really recommend getting them, even if you are strapped for cash, a dollar can get you a pair of mouse pads.

3 Likes

Learning to yoyo without a response system is like learning to drive a car without any breaks. Not recommended. And ultimately pointless; after all, the response is a critical component of a properly made yoyo, just as breaks are a critical component of a properly built car.

6 Likes

I agree with you both. I will buy it after getting job.actually I am planning for a yo-yo manufacturing company in India. I don’t have money and knowledge to do that.but will do it if possible.

1 Like

The response system in a yoyo is not solely intended to make the yoyo return. The friction in the response system is what imparts spin to the yoyo body as it comes off the string. Without some sort of friction the yoyo literally falls off of the string without gaining much if any spin.

6 Likes

I’m with you coding. Heck, I’ll mail him some if he needs them.

2 Likes

They were mailed about a week ago! Hopefully they arrive soon! Life without silicone response pads is not a life worth living! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

I do have a lot of yo-yos, a few very good ones ,and a few from a store which where very cheap. The good ones I have are my Hspin icon (bought from a second-hand site ) , yyf One, magic yo-yo n6, a hasbro yo-yo (responsive) which plays very good, and last but not least, my replay pro.
But the other ones are just for Kids. Don’t play well. …
But I 'm very happy just to be able to have a variety of yo-yos , which i can play with.

5 Likes

It will take a long time because from the USA -> India it’s a long route. for the aeroplane to come. But I don’t have any other choice … from china->india, Japan->india shorter route. but it really depends on the shipping some are slow, some are fast. All i need is to be patient.

2 Likes

I am genuinely excited for you right now.

2 Likes

@smileypants707 i also feel the same.i am also excited about pads.

4 Likes

I only have four throws - I have no hankering to make my “collection” any bigger. Quality over quantity has been a rhetoric of mine for almost everything my in life…I think part of this is due to how great the Fulvia is, every other throw I’ve tried (participated in yoyo clubs before) just don’t compare…

2 Likes

My collection is getting smaller and smaller. Been keeping my players and selling the “collection”. But even so, I still only play about a dozen of them.

This year though, I’m “getting by” on only 2 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your unresponsive style is going to be so cool after the year of fixed axle…

I usually keep my usable stuff around three. If it’s not being used (with the exception of gifts which never leave) I will sell it or trade it and turn it into to something else. For example, I had some knives sitting around, they got sold and now I have three yoyo’s.

2 Likes

I almost got a Luftverk, almost but I have a sweet titanium throw in the TiGER so I got lucky. Can’t wait to try a full ceramic bearing though.

2 Likes