Horrible news-Frank ‘Konkave’ Difeo has passed away

Condolences to Franks family and those close to the legend himself. Right as news was starting to come out that Dif-e-yo was back, we are all dealt a blow as tragic as this. Rest in peace.

9 Likes

This is incredibly heartbreaking to hear.
Rest in peace Frank, you absolute legend.

6 Likes

A Legend who will forever be missed!

5 Likes

Brutal. Few have made more lasting contributions to how people PLAY yo-yo through their craft and ingenuity than Frank. And he was a real nice guy to talk to. Still remember opening y 1st Bare Bones and thinking how impossibly solid and massive it felt. I’ll def be playing that one today.

16 Likes

R.I.P Mr. Frank.
I often used Dif konkave bearings, And they always didn’t disappoint me.
It’s too sad that the person who made a great product left.

6 Likes

i’m sorry to franks friends and family. he was always so nice and friendly to me. i appreciated him. sorry all, rest in peace frank.

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss to doc and any others who knew Frank or considered them a friend, thoughts and prayers with his family, very big loss for the yo-yo community his impact will be felt for generations

5 Likes

Bad day. I hope someone close to him shows this topic to someone in the family, so they feel comforted by everything.

He is a guy who left a HUGE legacy in our much-loved sport/hobby. Without his ideas, yoyo wouldn’t be what it is today.

Go in peace, Frank! We will miss you!

7 Likes

Awe man, this one hurts. I grew up near Frank in Massachusetts and he was a big part of my life when I was starting off in the yo-yo scene. Every time I would see him at a meetup or contest he would stroll up, reach into his pocket, and pull out some new model for me to try out. Just so friendly and welcoming. He was truly an innovator in the early aluminum days, and he was able to machine smooth yo-yos when other manufacturers were struggling with tolerances and vibration. The unresponsive revolution would’ve looked a lot different without the introduction of the konkave bearing as well. We owe a lot to Frank. He was such a kind, gentle, humble dude. I will miss him a lot :heart:

16 Likes

My condolences to all. I didn’t know him personally, but have enjoyed many of his yoyos and bearings over the years! Throwing one of my favorites this morning to celebrate the man and his great art that he’s gifted to the world.

19 Likes

Bummer, he innovated what I consider to be the best bearing. Never met him in person, but I was privilege to do a couple transactions with him with pieces from his personal collection, He means a lot to this community, RIP

9 Likes

Rest in peace, Frank. :heart:

5 Likes

Goodbye Frank!
Thank you for everything!

7 Likes

Very sad to hear… Rest in peace Frank.

6 Likes

This hurts. Rip. Only met you once but you were good people.

7 Likes

Huge loss for the community. Sounds like he was a great person and he obviously played a key part in modernizing yoyos into what we have today, both because of the Konkave and some of the designs of the throws his company produced. He will be missed.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about Frank, very sad news.

I hope you find a way to forgive yourself. I find as I am getting older the more “Ghost’s of bad decisions” haunt me like a Christmas Carol.

9 Likes

This is very sad. We exchanged emails a couple times about yoyo bearings. Great guy.

12 Likes

So sorry to hear :cry:

4 Likes

Frank was an absolute legend. He will be so missed.

7 Likes