Horrible news-Frank ‘Konkave’ Difeo has passed away

Frank is one of the coolest dude out there, telling me yo-yo history on his free time. we are going to miss you frank :heart:

16 Likes

Wow, that came out of nowhere, may he rest in peace.

6 Likes

I appreciate you letting us know. Frank has been an amazing influence for the community.

6 Likes

Never met the man, but of course I knew of his legendary status.

Mr. Dif e yo and his bearings have brought me many thousands of hours of practice over the years.

10 Likes

God I’m so sorry Doc :pleading_face: I was just thinking about calling Frank tomorrow to chat about some old difeyo things I was thinking about and I hadn’t chat with him in a while because the last time we kinda end up on the phone for 3-4 hours. I’m just laying in bed sobbing right now and I don’t think it’s even fully hit me yet…
My deepest condolences to his friends and family that love and knew him better than I did. I admired so many wonderful qualities in Frank and what he did for so many of us kids growing up and getting to experience our first Difeyo. I’m glad I took the time to laugh and joke with him as much as I did. He will be sorely missed.

26 Likes

Condolences to his family and those close to him. The yoyo community is a small place, and all things considered, a young hobby. Losing such a pillar of the community is a terrible thing.

8 Likes

“Yes, a man is mortal, and this is just a half of the tragedy. The bad thing that he is sometimes suddenly mortal!” M.Bulgakov “Master and Margarita”

This is a great loss for community. My condolences to his family.

7 Likes

So sad to hear this. Never met in person but exchanged many messages over the years.
R.I.P. Frank.

10 Likes

I’m sorry to read this…sorry Doc :frowning:
Rest in peace Frank💐

8 Likes

This a tragic loss for the yo-yo world. Frank was a pioneer in yo-yo design and innovation. I would have loved to have met and talked to him, but sadly that will never be.

My condolences to his family during this difficult time.

8 Likes

That’s terrible news, Frank was an exceptional person and I was lucky enough to get to spend many hours chatting (and often drinking) with him over the years and sharing our passion for this hobby.

He will be greatly missed.

10 Likes

His legacy will always live on. In this hobby I can’t think of many things more ubiquitous than a konkave yoyo, or one of its variants.

9 Likes

My condolences Mo, I just spoke to him last week, I’m sorry you didn’t get to have that last chat. I’ll remember chatting and drinking with him at worlds. RIP Frank

10 Likes

Rest in peace Frank :pray: sucks to hear a legend go

10 Likes

Oh snap. Frank accompanied my life for the last 25 years - even though never met him. He will be missed but for sure we will always remember him… Rest in peace, Buddy!

10 Likes

Sad news.

6 Likes

This is very sad, condolences to Frank’s family and all friends here who had the pleasure and privilege to know him in person.

I remember when I first saw a dif yoyo back in the early 2000, it looked like nothing else before, it was amazing.
Many of us didn’t get to meet the man, but we all in a way or the other got to see some of his greatness.
Rest in peace.

8 Likes

Very sorry to hear that, r.i.p Frank.

I never met him but he was for sure someone that bring a great innovation to our world, his bearings change the game completely and it was quite a big step for modern yoyoing, everyone know who he is and even if you do not for sure in the shops around the world you see his bearing.

Send a big hug to you Mo and to all his family and friends.

9 Likes

Life is so short. Wow. You just never know whose turn it is next.

4 Likes

I hope his family well, and if they ever visit this page, my most sincere condolences. We have such a small community in the grand scheme of things that this news just hits a bit. I never new Frank, but have been privileged to own a few of his yoyos, and they are stellar! Good luck on the other side Frank.

7 Likes