Horizon vs shutter

You don’t have the authority to end this debate. Until we get all the yoyoers in the world to tell us their opinion this debate is still open

Team horizon!!

I’m going to go half and half. The weight distribution seems a bit odd with half a horizon connected to half of a shutter but plays well nonetheless.

You can’t choose both you have to choose one😂

Or can I?

Well said😏

Here is what I choose

Ok NOW the debate is over

1 Like

There’s a star on the horizon…

1 Like

^ :smiley:

Preface:We just started and are get pretty good with binding (noob yoyo here). I ordered one of each (they are both gorgeous)…got the Horizon in the blue/teal and the Shutter in the limited purple. For what it’s worth the Shutter does feel more responsive in binding and seems a lot more smooth. The Horizon needs to be thrown pretty hard to get it going. I would say the Shutter is like an Audi A6 and the Horizon like a Dodge Charger. Also the Shutter is easier to catch than the Horizon. From a beginners point of view.

But from a experienced yoyoers point of view. Once you learn to bind and throw really hard the horizon just spins and spins and never goes off axis. It took me a while to see how great his yoyo really is. Once you break into the bearing it’s a great yoyo. Once you break into the andonziation it’s also great at fingerspins.

What?

Others just won’t understand…remember, he is seeing it through an experienced yoyoers point of view. It might help you understand if you did a little research on how to " break into the andonziation"

Yeah, I don’t understand either, but it’s the point of view of many experienced yoyoers that it’s great at fingerspins right out of the box.

So you are saying they are aware of how to " break into the andonziation" ?

The idea of “breaking in the ano” is totally counter intuative of how grinds actually work.

I’m not saying it’s not a thing, but I am saying that I’ve never heard of anything like it, and do not understand how there could be any benefit.

Honestly, it seems like any smoothing or polishing of the ano would make it worse for grinds, not better.

No, that’s not what I’m saying at all.

I somehow get the feeling you’re just messing with us. If not, please educate us.

“Andonziation” is a state of mind you can achieve playing with a Horizon.
It allows you to attain a level of play about the same as you get with a Valmorphanized Shutter.

OIC ;D

I’m realizing I need to have my sarcasm detector re-calibrated!

1 Like