Haven't thrown since 2007, bring a "back to beginner" up to date during Halloween Sale!

giphy

4 Likes

In my defence since I got back to throwing I have been practising front style tricks mainly but no one wants to see barrel rolls…

1 Like

I wasn’t even that smooth and proficient before I moved to high-quality metal yoyos full-time. I think that once you get a VTWO in play, you will be amazed at the results you get.

2 Likes

I think I will do it anyway, just to try a titanic yoyo
but yeah first the Halloween sale!
maybe in parallel or just after but I do like small throws being used to that size more.

1 Like

You are FAR too hard on yourself! I think you did great for just jumping back in after 10+ years!!

1 Like

Haha thanks zslane, I know it’s the archer not the arrow, but I love new arrows :slight_smile:

Note that I think @zslane is ridiculously overselling the VTwo. It’s good, for sure, but it isn’t the God Yo-Yo he makes it out to be. I could point to 50-100 other yo-yos that were just as good if not better.

TL;DR there are a lot of excellent choices. Beware anyone who tells you just one of them is perfect…

1 Like

Thank you Twitch, but did you see my whip fail / fails.

i did decide to try one more time before giving up which landed thankfully.

Yeah kind of threw together a random combo but wanted you guys to gauge my level hoping it might help in helping me make a decision.

I started doing matrix with the double wrap flyaway dismount thing, where you do this below, but I kept hitting my arm for some reason today, so decided to keep it simple instead.

3 Likes

Yeah, hopefully it is clear that the VTWO is merely my favorite among the nearly one hundred yoyos I’ve tried over the course of the last year+. I figure that anyone who already likes One Drops and likes V-shaped yoyos and is leaning towards a monometal might feel the same way, that’s all.

I don’t want anyone to think I expect everyone to have the same experience with it that I’ve had.

4 Likes

Yeah, but you have to replace the flat bearing to get decent performance, so… extra cost.

Mostly people should pick based on aesthetics at this point, IMO. Everything is so amazingly great.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Turns out that, for me at least, it is worth the added cost. I’ve spent considerably more than $99.99 + $5.99 for a yoyo that didn’t play as nicely, so I still consider the VTWO a bargain. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I totally understand your point and at the same time, by now I think zslane understood that I know that any yoyo is not a magic bullet, just if I were to buy one this would be a good starting point to help me learn tricks with a little added help.

Also didn’t help that I decided to rule out bimetals, put some sort of budget restriction and then made it clear that I am kind of leaning towards a OD yoyo just because nostalgia. And limited to what’s available on this site, because 15% off…

Anyway I understood it as the way I think he meant and then again it’s all personal preference.

Just like how I never played with the Ti-walker or was around during the hype (justified or not, probably more than justified :slight_smile:) but I still really want a vayder.

I think the line between playing and owning new yoyos gets blurred and that is part of the fun of this hobby hehe.

Love you both!

2 Likes

Yeah I mentioned I liked the aesthetic, and it comes in brown! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Both great points and I really really appreciate the candid feedback and helping me out.

Bearings I was already kind of planning to pick some up to try so we can remove that cost as sunk cost I think

1 Like

Seeing you are already eyeing the VTWO I’ll suggest something in contrast to the VTWO in terms of speed and light feel like the Magpie and the Hummingbird, I’d also recommend the Corruption and the CadenceES weren’t for them not being in stock…

3 Likes

@MarkD I tried searching for videos and forum posts etc but I couldn’t find much.
i watched one by Definitive Yoyo can you point me in the right direction if there are more?
Also read all the posts on this forum using the search but found only a few threads.

[edit] Just watched the video made by @Mazdarx7FD too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checked them out but haven’t got as far as looking at reviews (as they are sold out now anyway) but both looks nice!

As for the two yoyofriends yoyo, these are definitely, especially the Hummingbird, on my list already for my third or forth yoyo when I get a bimetal (4th if I picked up a Vayder before then) so thank you for the suggestions!

The Magpie also looks great, but I just got the Dove which will be the one I carry around with me so, although it doesn’t have to be, but would like to try a non-yoyofriend yoyo as a second yoyo to use alongside. :slight_smile:
You know for variety and to keep things fresh over time.

Once my collection grows a bit more I don’t care much for overlaps but for now yeah.

2 Likes

For what’s it’s worth, the Hummingbird is my favorite bi-metal. Just sayin’… :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, I just got done playing around with my Magpie! What a lovely throw!!

1 Like

Well the Dove really does it for me from what limited use I had so far (3 hours yesterday + a bit today) so yoyofriends are def a big + in my books now, never heard of them before, guessing relatively new (lol since 2007 so what am I even saying).

So far, not that i looked too much into it, Hummingbird, Iceberg (although i understand that this is a hybrid plastic), Draupsagpfhaphnir Overdrive, Duncans (not specific yet Haymaker, Grasshopper, orbital), Anomaly, Bakemono are in my crosshairs

2 Likes