Looking for some suggestions!

Hey everyone,
So I just got back to throwing very recently!
My daughter wanted to learns so I picked us up some Magicyoyo on Amazon I got V3 aluminum.

When I used to throw years ago I had a variety of Yomga and Duncan. As I get back into it and doing some string tricks just trying to get some ideas on what I should get next!!!

So I like the Alum- but looking for a solid plastic yo-yo. Then also some other ideas.

Let me know your favorites also, where do you order from is there places I should be looking!

Also other forums or groups would live to hear from you

1 Like

Right here at YoYoExpert is my go-to place to order from.

7 Likes

per the forum rules here, we can’t post “other” places to order from. that being said, you really don’t need to look anywhere else other than YoYoExpert.com they have what you need. especially starting out. they also support and run this forum, so supporting them back keeps this all going.

as far as a “solid” plastic, i’d look at the C3 Speedoholic XX, which you can get brand new for $28 right here at YYE

Speedaholic XX Yo-Yo by C3yoyodesign – YoYoExpert

it’s a great performer, powerful, great spin time, nice wide gap and has finger spin cups.

this assumes you are looking for 1A, you did mention “string tricks”.

there are many others but this would be my suggestion for a solid plastic, I have 3.

good luck.

enjoy the throw
kgb

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ryan.

Speedaholic XX is one of the best plastic throws out there imo. I’ve also heard good things about the Dove and Shooting Star but haven’t used them myself. Shooting Star can be played both responsive and unresponsive if that is an interest to you.

As for less expensive aluminum throw, you can’t go wrong with Magic Yoyo Y03 Hertz; it can be found all over and for the price, it’s a steal. Some of my favorite alum throws are: Invictus, Krown, and Shortcut. They are all worth a look imo. Honorable mention is the Silenus.

4 Likes

Awesome guys thank you so much! I didn’t want to look out of yo yo expert because this is my only go to at the moment!!!

Will order one today

1 Like

Duncan fh1 and doc pop bolt XP are my favorites for oldskool organic style feel, i also like the top yo cloud and the throw revolution neo for more modern style plastics. but pretty much any thing in this thread will be pretty solid.

3 Likes

I’ll second the Magicyoyo Hertz! I just picked up an orange one for $17.00CDN!!! So that’s like $3.00US :rofl::rofl::rofl: It’s an awesome yoyo … when I throw it I still can’t believe the price!

3 Likes

So I did end up ordering a Speedaholic and a Yomega Raider (that’s more nostalgia to my old fireball)

Thank you everyone I will see how I like it!

3 Likes

Speedaholic!!

1 Like

The Speedaholic is a great choice, but so is the Shooting Star and it’s got awesome new colors.

2 Likes