The next step up

So I’ve been yoyoing not so frequently for about a year now, and am ready to start taking it up to the next level. I’ve been using the ONE yoyo by Yo-yo Factory and have worn it out quite a bit. I was wondering what the next yo-yo i should get is.

3 Likes

Most people will likely tell you to just pick up a throw you like the look of. Unless your a pro player, a lot of low price throws will be great.

5 Likes

Have you delved into unresponsive play yet? The answer would help determine what direction to point you in.

1 Like

Awesome that you used it enough to show wear.

Next progression in Yoyofactory line is arrow. It will be familiar enough to your one to begin with. Change the bearing out to the wider included it opens up unresponsive play and also has a nice side cup to open up fingerspins as a trick option.

8 Likes

nope, thats what im hoping to learn

wow, that sounds amazing! i will look into buying it!

3 Likes

Anything not plastic would be my rec. But as I just stated elsewhere, I like grinds. But even without doing grinds, an aluminum throw is just more enjoyable imho.

2 Likes

Learning unresponsive play inevitably leads to smacked hands/fingers and collisions with floors and anything else within reach. Better, I think, to go through that phase of learning 1A with something plastic and slightly less damaging than metal. Just a thought.

3 Likes

Pain is only weakness leaving the body. Tears help as does cussing. Facts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d recommend the C3 Speedaholic XX. It’s a lot of yoyo for under $30 and will keep up with you through advanced elements. It’s also extremely smooth. I still throw mine regularly.

Ivan

4 Likes

This is the right answer. C3 Speedaholic XX is a great yoyo by any measure.

This is also important. it doesn’t seem like it would make much of a difference, a hard spinning object is a hard spinning object. But legit, plastic will just be less damaging.

1 Like

There are quite a few yoyos you can look into:

In addition to those, you could get the ThrowRevolution Neo, Recess First Base or the MagicYoYo K2 Crystal. I will personally recommend the iYoYo Shooting Star, but the other suggestions are great as well.

5 Likes

wow, i wish i could buy em all! I’ll add them to my list. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Oh, sick. That looks awesome with great specs! I’ll add it to the list

1 Like

The other thing - in addition to being an all-around great throw (especially for $28!) that Speedaholic XX is about the best throw out there for learning fingerspins.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thats good to know

A quick look in the store and this was a great deal and in several colors.

2 Likes

Oh my, thats absolutely gorgeous!

Maybe keep your yyf one as a every day carry like take it places with you and maybe pick up a shutter or a shutter wide angle depending on how much you want to spend and keep it as an at home yoyo if your looking to keep it looking nice