I have been looking for a plastic and I want either a variant or a wedge

In these yoyos I’m really just looking for the one that performs the best as I want a great performance beater. And if you have any other suggestions for really high performance plastic yoyos I’d love to hear.

3 Likes

Speedaholic XX

4 Likes

I’ll check it out!

2 Likes

I personally recommend the iYoYo Shooting Star.

Here are some you should think about:

7 Likes

Can’t go wrong with modern plastics! Love my Speedaholic XX, first plastic in years and definitely took me by surprise. I’ve been canvassing for a while and usually it came down to either this or the Antidote. Variant is a solid choice though, but you may want a Wedge if you’re liking the fingerspin dimple. Frosty finish on the XX and the Antidote are very stylish too.

4 Likes

I have a lot of plastics. Speedaholic xx is the best and smoothest by far

1 Like

I’ve got a Variant and a Wedge and most of the throws listed on this thread and have to say that I’d recommend the Antidote, Shooting Star, First Base, Speedoholic XX, Skyva or the YYR Diffusion over the Variant. And if price matters, the Mojo has to be the best deal at 13.99. With that said, if you really want a Variant (which, as a fan of Brandon Vu and Jeffrey Pang, I did also), send me a message, I’ve got an extra one (black) NIB I’d be happy to sell or trade for anything on this thread that I don’t have (Northstar, Premiere, Frosted Euclase or Gargantua).

1 Like

I second the Speedaholic XX. @r3stless let me try his and it was great! I’m pretty sure it’s the best plastic I’ve personally tried.

2 Likes

If you haven’t been sold on the Speedaholic XX yet I’ll drop another vouch for it. It’s very good.

That said it’s not my favorite plastic and if you want something that’s both a bit smaller and lighter, I’m a big fan of the yoyofriends dove. It’s also made out of POM which I think feels a lot better than polycarbonate. You can’t get them new at the moment but there’s currently one on the BST if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Thank you guys for all the help!

3 Likes

The dove is better than the Wedge. But the wedge is still a good one.

2 Likes