Best all around plastic yoyo.. GO!

I have a replay pro and I’m looking to get another that is easier to finger spin (I’m learning). What I’m considering.
Spinaholic XX
SHOOTiNG STAR
Mojo
Skyva
Wedge

4 Likes

Shooting Star

4 Likes

I only have experience with the Speedaholic XX.

P.S. I really, really love my Speedaholic XX.

5 Likes

The mojo is the best bang for your buck. It’s a solid performer and it’s very good for fingerspins

6 Likes

Shooting star is automatic finger spins every time. It’s a great all around yoyo.

4 Likes

Another for Shooting Star.

3 Likes

Speedaholic, and PLSTC.

5 Likes

I learned on a skyva…….since then I’ve progressed to the speedaholic XX and use it now…cause fingerspins aren’t possible on a first base but it helped with a second bearing for 0a
I used shutter to practice too by the way….

3 Likes

My favorite plastic is sill the Yoyorecreation New Diffusion.

7 Likes

Really like my thesis serenade. They aren’t that popular but the crazy d and the v were fantastic.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty broad and subjective question, so I’ll split my answer from a modder/ dyer/ painter perspective and an out-of-the-box player perspective.
For the all around best plastic yo-yo, clear and semi-transparent •Duncan Freehand Zeros will always be one of the best all around plastic yo-yos imo for its versatility not only in play in nearly every style of yo-young besides looping. But in its ability to be modded and personalized, silicone ring recess, pad recess, schmoove rings, highwalls, spr kits for different bearing sizes, weight rings, metal rims, hubstacks, led kits, painting, dyeing, etc.
Hopefully once new plastic Freehand One’s come out with some Clear one’s we’ll see a bit more of a surge in modding again. But anyways, back to the second part of my answer. :sweat_smile:

For best all around finger spin plastics it’s hard to beat the •YoYoFriends Dove, machined Delrin makes it incredibly durable and smooth with perfect metal fingerspin hubs that are deep and bowled enough that they “lock” in place making it perfect for ripcords and pull starts.

The rest are all different flavors of the same thing depending on preference and budget.
•C3 Speedaholic XX is machined polycarbonate and is every bit as good in play and fingerspins as the Dove.

•Topyo Mojo is the best overall for an injection molded plastic at an great budget price of $14, fingerspins are a breeze with these and you don’t have to worry too much about banging it around.
(Once more POM Mojo’s ever come out it will be tied for the lead with the Dove for my favorite. :blush:)

•MagicYoYo Skyva
•MagicYoYo Crystal K2 Plus
•YYF Arrow
•YYF Wedge
•iYoYo Shooting Star (love the shape like the dove and others but the shallow shape of the hub makes ripcords near impossible so it makes it a bottom of the list for me on finger spins. Still good for finger spins tricks but I do have other favorites that play a bit better)

There’s plenty of options out there these days and you honestly can’t go wrong with any of them. Just pick the one you like the looks of best and what fits your budget. :grin:

7 Likes

I’ve tried the Speedaholic XX and Skyva. Both are stupid easy to do finger spins on. The XX and Shooting Star are machined plastic, which is good for grinds too, so either of those would be a good choice if you’re looking for versatility.

My favorite plastic is the First Base though.

2 Likes

for plastic my favorites are the sk8, antidote, speedaholic XX , and the dove.

Best performing are the speedaholic xx and the dove. Skater is crazy fun though and not to shabby performance wise!

2 Likes

Just got the dove recently and it’s so good! Very smooth and capable delrin throw.

2 Likes

If you want a plastic that fingerspins well, go with the Shooting Star or the Speedaholic XX.

Can’t decide between both of them?

If you like more stable and solid feeling yoyos, go with the Speedaholic XX. If you like faster, lighter playing yoyos, go with the Shooting Star.

1 Like

I feel like the Skyva does everything I need it to, but could maybe use more power.

1 Like

New Freehand 1 Plastic

I’ve also been playing the Da Capo a bunch this winter as well, Plastics are good for when its cold and playing outside.

5 Likes

Speedaholic XX is way good, and from what I understand so is the Shooting Star so just buy whichever one you think looks better, can’t go wrong.

I am heavily biased towards the XX and will recommend it to anyone looking for a good EDC in general. It changed my mind with how good plastics can be!

1 Like

I have a mojo and a wedge.

Wedge:
The cup on the wedge isn’t as sloped as some other finger spin yoyos, so it doesn’t lock as easy if you don’t land your finger very close to perfect in it. Also, the inside of the rim is not blasted. If you bump it when you don’t land perfect, it gets knocked out of wack pretty easy. I think its fingerspin ability is top tier, but maybe not the best for learning them.

Mojo:
The plastic on the mojo is more slick than the non blasted parts of the wedge. If you hit the fingerspin divot, you will be locked in. I think it is very easy to learn fingerspins on the mojo, but maybe can’t fingerspin as long.

Both are awesome.

1 Like

My favorite plastic is the Yoyo Palace Sphere.

10 Likes