Returning after 6 years need help

So I’ve been picking up my yoyos again recently after taking 6 years off. I’ve mostly thrown smaller yoyos but I would like an average size one this time around. I would like a high performance yoyo as long as it’s under $200. I really like the black hummingbird but it’s not easy to find. I want something that is stable, versatile, and sleeps for a long time. Is there preferred yoyo in competitions? Any bearing suggestions would also be appreciated. Thank you for your time!

4 Likes

Mk1 is releasing a (as i’ve heard) very good bimetal for $140 on the website in about two months.

2 Likes

For something excellent and readily available, I’d recommend the Retic Death Adder v2.

3 Likes

The Hummingbird will be coming out in new colors soonish!

The Banshee SS is amazing if you can pick one up when they drop. Sometimes it can be a little difficult. They pop up on the BST from time to time for $100-120 (vs $135 new).

2 Likes

The latest run of Mowl Surveillance bi-metals ($140) releases here today at 8pm (Eastern time). The Surveillance is one of the most stable, long-spinning yoyos I own (and I own a lot of yoyos at this point).

1 Like

I looked that up and it looks amazing. I will probably end up buying it when it comes out. Great suggestion, thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion, it looks awesome. Will have to do my homework.

2 Likes

Great news thank you!

1 Like

Nice, I’ll check it out. Thank you!

1 Like

glad i could help, post pictures when you get it!

1 Like

Welcome back. Six years is a long time. Are you picking it all up again? What yoyos, if any, did you keep?

1 Like

I definitely will.

1 Like

these are the ones I have that aren’t in storage somewhere. I don’t remember the names of them. I wish I took better care of them. I might have been gone longer than I thought. The code 1 is one of the last yoyos I bought and I stopped throwing soonish after that. I was never amazing but I was able to do all the yoyoexperts advanced tricks on their guide. I can still throw I just need reminders on how each trick works. Does that make sense?

8 Likes

Remember, recommendations are like noses, everyone has one. You really can’t go wrong with anything that has been recommended so far, and, you can get an absolutely fantastic yoyo for way less than $200. I like Sengoku yoyos a lot. Designed in Japan, I believe they were the first tri-metal and the first to use 7068 aluminum. I have a couple, they all play really well. Checkout @nightshadow, he is Sengoku’s newest team member and he really shows off what those yoyos can do.

Here is a link to the Shogun, which plays like nothing I’ve ever played:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advise and suggestions French, the Shogun looks beautiful. I just might go with that. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m biased of course, but I absolutely second this. Thank you very much @French

I made a review on it that represents my thoughts on the yoyo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VG9MUBLDWCI

But yeah, I’d definitely look around and make sure this is absolutely your top choice before you spend this much on a yoyo, but you really can’t go wrong with the shogun :+1:

2 Likes

Great video, I subscribed. You definitely have me intrigued. I’ll definitely do my homework before I decide. It looks really well machined.

2 Likes

Ayy thanks man!

1 Like

The yoyos you have are not holding you back. They can do anything that any new $200 yoyo can do.
That said, you really should buy a new throw!
Welcome back

3 Likes

I know that it’s more about the individual than the yoyo. I just want a new one just to see the difference. Thank you.

1 Like