Haven't thrown since 2007, bring a "back to beginner" up to date during Halloween Sale!

Yeah sorry guys, it took me a little too long to type out my proper reply to this response (also had a dinner break with the family in between)

Was definitely not ignoring you if anything the complete opposite!

I just saw these two comments and felt really bad :frowning:

2 Likes

Ah, OK.

Which mono wrap are you leaning toward?

BTW I’m like you in that I was away from the hobby a few years before taking it back up

2 Likes

For example for golf, I started playing with Mizuno blades, because that was the thing to do.

But then I moved to Ping G15 irons and since then continued to use the Ping G range just updating it now and then to the latest one. I find it more enjoyable when the game is that little bit easier.

I still do own my set of Nike blades and I use it to practice to hone my skills or when I want to test my self on the course, but yeah.

I feel I want to start easy until I reach a satisfactory level, then go back to hone it.

And then learn new skills again with easier models, then hone again. (I do love going back to hone with any hobbies instead of just powering through).

Also when out in public or in front of others I want it to be as easy as possible, and leave the messing about, fine tuning and the bloopers to the privacy of my study :slight_smile:

At the moment I am leaning towards either the VTWO or the Kuntosh 5000QV both from One Drop.

My reasoning is that back then the project yoyo albeit their first attempt was my unicorn.

It just really clicked with me and I didn’t need any more since (although I stopped not long after so might not be the best reference).

I love it, and it was perfect to me, although now I have sold it to Josh Proknay who has been super amazing and have been talking to every day (he’s the Admin for the “YoYo BST & Talk” group on Facebook.
He is super into brown yoyos (me to now a little to be honest due to my resonance with the project) and has been looking for a brown project in Mint condition for a while. So I thought it best it goes to be a better home.

Which is what inspired me to sell all my old yoyo’s as I don’t need to collect items that are sought after by collectors now and can have better homes, and use that towards modern yoyos and buy new things!

So far I raised just shy of £500 (British Pounds) which is the reason for my apparent disinterest in money/budget, not because I am minted or near mint in box.

So my reasoning is that I know I liked a OD before, so I remove one variable, and if I don’t like the yoyo I get, then well that happens. Instead of having a regret, thinking I should have got a One Drop.

I don’t care about brands but yeah in this case the brand has some value to me just because of my last experience of what was perfect for me happened to be OD.

So VTWO in probably brown, or Kuntosh in Pink Robbin is my current top two.

One caveat is I really want to read up on Mark’s M1 yoyo first and give it a unbiased chance.
Although the bias on wanting to support him is the only reason right now (not knowing anything about it yet) that i want to buy it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like the look of the purple VTWO too (maybe with a neon yellow string) that would be sick but they seem to be out of stock.

Think my daughter would love the hypno berry colourway though

2 Likes

Omg that case brings me back! haha…I had that exact same case! :heart:
I actually went to the Yomega Y3A world yoyo contest in 2003 to compete in the novice division. I had such an amazing time! (took first in the division too!)

1 Like

Another vote here for the VTWO. I didn’t particularly enjoy the Kuntosh 5000QV. It’s a fine throw but not my thing. A bit too chonky, a bit too light. The VTWO is a bit more heft and plays very much like a competition V shape. Just keep in mind for any One Drop you might wanna add $5-10 to the asking price for a centering bearing unless you like flat bearings.

I know you’re holding out on bimetals but whenever you do decide to snag one, it’s hard to beat Duncan’s lineup. IMO the two GTX throws—Grasshopper GTX and Orbital GTX—stand out though I’ve yet to try the Tourney.

4 Likes

Yeah, after my initial ‘honeymoon’ period with this throw, I agree with you. Feels a bit too big and awkward in my hand.

3 Likes

If you like tight, snappy binds then go with a One Drop. The Mooska Diffraction v2 has a more relaxed bind. I would also say that, in my experience, the VTWO and Kuntosh are more powerful and stable than the Diffraction, but that’s not a slight on the Diffraction. Those two One Drops are (along with the Top Deck) performance beasts almost without peer (in the monometal realm), whereas the Diffraction is a more general-purpose throw, IMO.

4 Likes

Yup, I totally agree, but I already have this from back then :slight_smile:

• a Yomega case with loads and loads of pockets and zips and compartments that the picture doesn’t really capture, and also space for 12 yoyos which is plenty for now.

• a Duncan yoyo glove, the typical one with like 3 fingers

• that pink thing is a holster, can’t find my homemade one, but it’s basically a rip off of the Werrd whatchamacallit

• a yonation glass bearing jar for cleaning that is the same size as a yoyo and fits perfectly in my yoyo case, normally lives in one of those empty yoyo slots in the dividers

• a lol old chopstick (just 1 stick) for spinning the bearing after cleaning and lubing

• some (too much) yoyo tape

• some velvet pouches

• some extreme sports band aids lol

• this is the bag of spares I carry around, basically strings and yoyotape

• some counterweights

• the said 15 year old lube

• strings and strings (the neon yellow in bag in Kitty XL I just bought, orange is Kitty fat, the little bag of orange and pink and the bulk green and yellow are yonation highlights (poly))

• Spare pads, shims bearing etc but these pads are now useless to me, the 3 KK bearing I had I sold already.

4 Likes

The case is awesome, don’t see my self buying a new one unless this dies or I end up with the need for like a 100 yoyo case.

well not …yet

2 Likes

Wow this forum is amazing, I can hardly keep up with replying to comments, I still haven’t even got round to reading/watching a single review on Diffraction v2 yet nor creating my basket.

Keep it up! and Thank you everyone for so much help!

2 Likes

Thought you guys might also be interested in what throws I had although almost all of them are now sold.
I still have the Pyro, Black Lily (G&E4), Legacy to sell.
And keeping the Dove (I only just bought it after all as my EDC plastic)

Don’t have photos of my Omega brain and the Henry’s Viper as I have no idea where they are now, probably inside a poor whale by now :(:neutral_face:

Also the Lyn Fury is hanging in my bathroom of another flat, as a string pull for the bathroom light switch lol!

4 Likes

Dat Legacy…

1 Like

You want it?
Postage might not make it worth while though, but £20 and it’s yours and that is including (basically only) shipping to the USA, I think that’s something like 25 bucks US

1 Like

Bimetal…

Keep a look our for my next thread soon.
“Just started throwing again since 2007, I have a [Insert today’s winning pick here] and a Dove, what Bimetal do I get for my third yoyo”

VTWO is starting to call my name…

3 Likes

Hm… VTWO maybe I should go watch one more review… again ^^
I’m still going to give the Diffraction a read up and watch some review and give it a chance though as promised first.

I did just get this and makes me debate again :slight_smile:

@codinghorror

3 Likes

The TiVayder is a very wise investment, IMO. I think you will love it, even though it isn’t as performant as a VTWO. It is a fabulous, modestly-sized titanium at an amazing price.

3 Likes

With high risk of putting everyone right off and going back to a replay pro recommendations.
Just made a quick video on my current skill level.
The struggle is real I can’t seem to do anything anymore, nothing is smooth anymore (lol was it ever?) and yeah struggling with even basics like trapeze whips as it is obviously evident in the video but give me a few more days/weeks to get back so that I can start building back from where I left off before.

Sorry for the quality, both the skills but I mean about the footage, it;'s shot on my phone

Videos of me doing the most basic tricks only:

5 Likes