Have you guys ever gotton anything in the mail from professionals?

S-S-S-SUPAH-SEMI NECRO! ;D

Two necros in two days? Lots of activity…

What does necro mean and I think it’s kinda rude to criticize people for “necroing” instead of just answering my honest, curious question.

Yeah, I use to be alright friends with Tyler Sev awhile back. He tossed some insane stuff my way every now and then.

Yes, quite a few…

Necro means to post in an old topic.

1 Like

I’m sorry if you are so easily offended. It was a joke. Plus, one of the forum rules is no necroing. You should look at the date of the last post. I wasn’t trying to be mean to anyone.

Also, if you didn’t know what a necro is, why did you see it as “criticism” and assume I was being hostile?

Now that I have given my side of the argument, I will be a gentleman and answer your question. When you order from the site, in the comments box, just ask for a signed card.

I guess you could assume necro to have a negative connotation. Back on topic, im getting a box of yoyos soon…

Who from?

im not sure if im allowed to say… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I consider Josh (Jayyo) a professional. I mean, he’s amazing at yoyo and I think he could totally have a sponsorship. I love his videos too.

I wouldn’t. He’s got the completely wrong attitude to deserve any kind of sponsorship.

1 Like

While in the past he has not had the best attitude, this is not the past. He has reformed ever since his ban was lifted. He is a lot more mature and helpful. He confines his pony jokes to the pony section. He’s a great guy now (not that he wasn’t in the past). I think he is living up to his title of “forum eXpert”.

I think Jayyo is realizing that there’s people out there who really are tired of some of his stuff, but don’t think him a bad guy, just perhaps attention seeking in the wrong way. I got to meet Jayyo at BAC. I’d like to have had a chance to talk to him for a few minutes, just shoot the breeze. He’s a nice guy in person, by the way.

Back to the topic. I’ve had more time to think about it, mostly since I saw a post from John Narum ad I bought some yoyos from him, mostly USED yoyos! What is interesting is to see how pros go and set up their stuff, which can range from “stock” to “modified” and everything in between.

From Jayyo, I got a stock MMN, well, except he swapped out the 10 Ball for a YYF. I heard he’s had some issues with 10Balls, so I think this was one of those. He was honest in the BST ad, so no issues. I’ve since put a 10Ball in there, it plays amazing, although that well broken-in YYF played amazing in there. I also got a set of Raider EX’s that he set up for competition. Having never played a completely stock Raider EX, I can’t compare it. I bet he used them at CalStates. They do play sweet.

Back to John Narum, he was selling some Aquarius yoyos, which is one of my favorite off-strings. I mostly push the Fiesta XX because it’s a production model that you can get, while the Aquarius I think has been re-tweaked into being the GoBig. I got some other stuff too, ranging from a heavily mod’ed Hitman to a never-touched Element X and plenty of other stuff. The Aquarius throws work as well as the first one I got from someone on BST, and the one that was claimed to be a beater off BST after the John Narum purchases I did.(BTW, I’ll still buy up Aquarius throws, although I got 4, so please have caps!)

I also bought 2 Loop 720’s from Ed Haponik. I don’t think he did anything to change these, and they played great. I also got a Ronin from him at a sweet price too, with decent performance.

I’ve bought some yoyos from Zammy too.

What I’m getting to is that it’s clear that a lot of the pros are using their yoyos pretty much stock. What I see is that what we buy and/or trade for from the pros is the exact same stuff we get in the stores and from each other. The main difference is that the bearings are well broken in and sometimes special colorways.

Studio, your post reminded me that once I bought a mint in box Markmont. Next from Augie Fash for $40. Talk about an amazing deal! The yoyo looked and felt like it had never been played. He’s such a great guy!

I got free string from yoyo loco in manitou springs Colorado for guessing what yoyo was heavier just from holding them

Ive had two northstars crack on me and yyf sent two brand new ones

Exactly how would one request for something to be signed? :-\

You’d ask them to sign it.

It’s up to them if they personalize it or not. I’m sure Andre gets requests for signed cards all the time. He probably has a small stack of them ready to go when someone asks.

What I mean is, through what method would you ask? Would it have to be through email or…?

About two years ago, I uploaded a video on youtube. Tyler Severance saw it and told me he liked it. So he sent me a Rockstar and a Dv888 through the mail. They were B-grade, but they were free.