Getting Competition Ready - need sponsors!

Thanks. It’s been a while, but, I will be back. I do love being on stage (even though I often feel like I’m wearing a blindfold and hockey gloves). Also, no matter how bad I’ve done, the audience still claps :wink:

5 Likes

Exactly. I was working the music this year and there was a kid who was petrified to get up there. I mean in tears refusing. So we put him at the end so he could maybe pull it together. It was crazy how many people were over there pumping him up amd encouraging him etc. Everybody there is so supportive. I could land a trapeze and maybe a couple other mounts and folks would still support me. Its a pretty cool community. By the way that kid did pretty darn good.

3 Likes

Duuuude!!! Don’t sell yourself short man. You have some killer tricks!!! And as you know we all miss you when you are not around!!

3 Likes

Thank you. This means a lot. Hopefully I will be able to get up to Northampton & Easthampton more often. I miss all of you too!

5 Likes

I used to be part of the Northampton crowd 7-10 years ago. Not from the area but it wasn’t a crazy trip. So dope hanging with Andre, Eric Koloski, Daniel Dietz and all the other dudes that were around them. Definitely pushes you to get better. MA States reinvigorated me a little bit. I’m hoping to get good enough to compete again, if not 1A maybe I can grind and get better at 2A or work on my 5A again. I competed back in the day, MA States NER and even the IYYO in New York.

I even ran into an old Vs Newton teammate at MA States who’s on 2Sick’s team now, and even Michael Kurti recognized me. It was dope.

5 Likes

Which 2Sick player?

1 Like

Mike Gleockner.

2 Likes

Got my two comp ready throws picked out. Thanks to @mgiroux77 for the suggestion and @da5id as well. We talked quite a bit about what to throw and I think these Sugar Gliders will do very nicely. Thanks gentlemen.

5 Likes

Give me your favorite competition bearing recommendations…please

3 Likes

I prefer the One Drop 10 Ball for Side Effect yoyos and the Dif-E-Yo KonKave for non Side Effect yoyos. My Sugar Gliders have KK’s in them!! The OG is still the best. I have tried every curved bearing there is and I keep coming back to the Dif-E-Yo.

3 Likes

Typically I stick with what came in the yoyo, but, if I switch out, it is usually for a Terrapin bearing (I got a good deal on some).

3 Likes

I normally keep what came with it as well, like I debated in the now closed thread. However I conceded in that post that there may be some merits for competition even though it probably doesn’t affect me.

I do have alot of yoyos with CT and I don’t know if I truly experience a difference from the OD bearing. I have one grooved and one KK in some other throws. I do like the KK. Never tried a Terrapin.

1 Like

CenterTrak or anything similar. By that I mean the yo-yos that shield the string from the response but don’t gather the string layers directly in the center of the bearing. That’s my main gripe with KKs.

2 Likes

I think there is definitely a difference between center track/KonKave and flat. I’m not sold that any difference is enough to make a meaningful difference when I’m on stage.

Terrapin has a few flavors, flat, full on V, and pseudo-flat (the bearing looks flat, but allegedly has a tiny polished deflection to the center of the bearing. I’ve not tried the flat (One Drop makes good flat bearings). The other two are fine.

2 Likes

CTXs are everything you need.

2 Likes

At the risk of reigniting this tired argument, most high level competition players would probably say there is a difference.

3 Likes

Not reigniting any arguments. I never said anything about what high level players think/believe. I said for me, the bearing is the least of my concerns on stage. When I’m missing a podium finish by fractions of a point, then, I will worry about bearings. However, until I can nail a freestyle as reliably on stage as in my living room or basement, I choose to focus on controlling the adrenaline rush.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I misunderstood/misread your comment.

2 Likes

No worries, I probably could have said it better.

3 Likes

Ooooooooooo

1 Like