Getting Competition Ready - need sponsors!

@French I was looking at the TerrapinX. It looks like YYE does not have the the slight dip version “wing cut” but does have the Delta cut. Curious what your opinions is on the ceramic vs steel versions of the Terrapins are.

1 Like

Hi Jim,

I’m not sure I would pay the extra for ceramic, I’m saying I don’t think the ceramic gives 1.77x the performance. That said, you can buy terrapin direct on eBay, often at a pretty good price.

2 Likes

Thank you. I have always felt like there is a point if diminishing return that occurs quickly with expensive bearings. I obviously have not experienced them all or many for that matter. But when one cost more than the yoyos its going in I can’t imagine the improvement is that great.

1 Like

I’ve posted before that until I’m missing the podium by fractions of a point, I can’t blame the bearing.

It seems that years ago the owner of Terrapin irritated some folks on the forum by telling them the issue they were having with the dry lube was user error (based on my experience, it likely was). Personalities aside, I think the Terrapin bearings are good, but, I’ve yet to play a bearing, aside from a 16-ball that came in a yoyo my son bought, that I thought was bad. He agreed. We spent some time trying cleaning, different lube, it just wasn’t good. I also remember the unresponsive Whip that came with a center track bearing. Basically that was priced as if the model was “buy a centertrack, get a plastic yoyo free”

2 Likes