Getting Competition Ready - need sponsors!

So I’ve decided next year at MA States I’m going to compete in the 1A open division. So like the title says I need sponsors. Actually @mgiroux77 inspired me. I have watched him compete the past couple years and we are both adults and he always does a great job and has fun. Seeing more adults up there really got me thinking.

I already have @edhaponik as a moral support sponsor and high five sponsor. Thank you Ed.

So I need some more sponsors. Looking for primarily Moral Support Sponsors. This includes occasional words of encouragement, high fives , and thumbs up.

I also need some trick sponsors. One minute routines seem short but feel like a lifetime up on stage. So I need some sponsors who recommend a few tricks here and there as well as some routine tips. This I may need to limit to one or two. I’m looking at you @AndreBoulay and @YoYoExpertGarrett. However others please feel free. Those guys take such good care of the whole community, I will be competeing in a Yoyo Expert tshirt. With thier permission of course.

Now in all seriousness, I am truly wanting to put together a one minute open division routine. Any advise and tips are welcome and I am grateful for them. I am not really that good, but I think I can come up with something to at least have a good time out there.

Let me know what you guys think. I’ll keep you posted with some tricks as I go along.

18 Likes

Love this! Haha. :blush:

You know I’ll point you in the right direction! This will be great!

We didn’t do one this year… But we usually run ‘ThrowDowns’ to give people an opportunity to have contests without the pressure. We are planning out next year so I’ll let you know the dates! :wink:

http://yoyothrowdown.com

10 Likes

Yes! I love the Throwdown format. Great memories since it was the first time I competed (that Fuller guy shamed me into it when I showed up with Austin who was competing).

As long as it isn’t on the same April Saturday as CT All State Band concert, I’m in. Maybe as a tip of the hat to @AndreBoulay, I’ll ask Austin to let me borrow his H3X…which he will laugh and tell me “no”.

5 Likes

More Throwdows yes!!! If you need help please let me know!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Jhonaker I love competing just to be on stage and hear my tunes cranking!! I also have a really awesome support system of some very close friends who keep me honest and push me!! @fellavader and @MrDynamic to name a few!!!

5 Likes

@Jhonaker what I do is first find a song, cut it to one minute, then start playing it and throwing yoyo. Eventually I get an idea of what I think works. Then I show it to my son, he tells me it is terrible, and, I either accept it or go back to the drawing board. :slight_smile:

Edit : I hope it is different for you, but, when I get on stage, it feels like I’m yoyoing wearing hockey gloves with Gauze wrapped around my eyes…

6 Likes

Sounds good Jim, consider yourself sponsored. Swing by the office whenever to pick up your sponsorship package (moral support & high fives). :grin:

8 Likes

I need more from you Garrett some trick tips and such.

1 Like

Absolutely keep me posted. I’ll give it a shot. I will try to do some yoyo school at A2Z as well. Tough being a couple hours away.

4 Likes

i would give you my moral support while you are competing but i won’t be attending the comp

2 Likes

No worries, just good vibes.

3 Likes

wait isn’t vibe the last thing ya want while competing? :wink::wink: (i get what ya mean and i give you my full support)

3 Likes

I’m going to try and go to some of the yo-yo club meetings but haven’t gotten any email updates indicating they started back up. Yoyo school isn’t really worth the trip to me.

3 Likes

Boston Throwers is on Facebook if your interested. I travel throughout NE so I figure if it works out I could attend. If not it is not worth the trip out.

1 Like

Well if you want trick advice too I might have to take away a few high fives, sponsorship has it’s limits!

6 Likes

I take what I can get!

4 Likes

Tough decision #1
Which yoyo to commit to for competition. Probably something I have 2 of, just in case right.

One Drop VTWO
SF Cadence ES
UPRLD Recognition
YoyoFactory Shutter Wide Angle
Pdx-yo Swamp Monster
Magic Yoyoy Hotdiggity
Yoyojam Dark Magic 2

Any suggestions? Or maybe not on the list…

4 Likes

the cadence ES is good but also the Recognition

2 Likes

Out of all those probably Wide Angle, Cadence, or Recog. They’re definitely the more contest oriented out of that list.

3 Likes