Getting Competition Ready - need sponsors!

Whatever you feel most comfortable throwing. Also something that binds really well for you. I find that when I am competing I need to know that binds will not be an issue on the fly.

5 Likes

Cadence ES

1 Like

This is tough. Not a bad stable of comp throws.
I like so many and there are some singles that would do well also.
OD Markmont, Virtuoso, Terrarian, Top Deck
CLYW Wildfire or Akita
G2 Covanent

6 Likes

Do you know how the shamrock Recog was initially available? Wondering how many might be out there to try and track one down.

3 Likes

I just saw it on the table at the comp. There were 4 or so I believe. Maybe reach out to @ColinBecko.

3 Likes

I have competed with both the Top Deck and Virtuoso a few times. Both are excellent comp throws!! I am though quite partial to One Drop yoyo’s and all. lol

4 Likes

YoYoExpert just placed an order for some Shamrock ReCogs :slight_smile: They should be on YYE in the coming weeks.

6 Likes

I am too honestly. I said it before on here many times. If I were able to be sponsored in anyway, in all seriousness I would wish it to be One Drop. I like a lot of yoyos and alot of the other companies and the folks who run them. But One Drop has something special to me. The first yoyo I spent “a lot” of money on was my @Markmont. And it is what snowballed me back into this hobby.

4 Likes

Colin that shamrock green fade is noice. It’s subtle but good.

2 Likes

I know you said you were throwing the sugar glider this past comp. How does it compare between the Virtuoso and the Terrarian?

1 Like

It plays kinds between them. Lighter and more nimble than the Terrarian, and a tad more solid than the Virtuoso. I really like them both though (Sugar Glider and Virtuoso). They are my favorite One Drop’s at the moment (other than the Clique).

2 Likes

Yeah, that clique looked very nice.

1 Like

Oh Akita and Wildfire by far, Wildfire is a beast (Maider used it at Shanghai worlds) and Akita just feels perfect, I would compete with it if I owned one.

I’ll support you @Jhonaker!!! You may inspire me to compete for fun one day too and you can be my moral support sponsor! :fist_right::boom::fist_left:

2 Likes

:fist_right::boom::fist_left: Yessir you will have my support as well!

2 Likes

Akita is slick fo sho. The Wildfire is as well. For some reason it feels a little too light. I don’t know.

Sick, thanks for the reply. I’m planning on getting one. The price point makes it worth trying. I was a little skeptical of the weight at first but otherwise the shape and specs look liked something I’d enjoy.

1 Like

I appreciate the support! You have my support for your first competition :muscle: good luck!

2 Likes

I’ve not been on stage for a few years, but, I’ve never felt the need to pick a yoyo that I have multiples of (which would limit me to Replay Pro). @mgiroux77 has an excellent point of something that binds consistently. My advice is pick what you want to use and practice a lot with it (and a bit less with your back ups). I’ve competed with everything from OG Spin Dynamics Flow to Mutant DNA (high walls and brand new pads didn’t help me at all) to 44RPM Blues (with wood weight rings).

Pick something you feel good about being on stage with and go for it. That said, I have never placed higher than 3rd (in “old man” Sport division at either MA States, NER or even a Throwdown, so, I’m probably not the best to take advice from.

3 Likes

But your up there! That’s what its all about.

1 Like