Who would you like to sponsor you

this is just for fun. im curious what companies yall would like to be sponsored by.

plus what would you need in a sponsorship

for i would love to get sponsored by either SF, yoyofriends, clyw, yoyofactory, or goodlife

and if i got sponsored i would not be needing hardly any yoyos i would just need help flying out to contest

6 Likes

probably Retic or Recess

4 Likes

Otto’s Timber.

9 Likes

Vs Newton again @HVizier

5 Likes

Zipline Strings

8 Likes

Great answer. + Tyler is the man!

2 Likes

right? also i’m telling you Retic is aewesome if you were to sponsor me i would be honored (not saying you should i’m still a beginner)

3 Likes

This is easy for me: One Drop.

The only thing I’d want is a chance to try out each new model they make (prior to buying the ones I liked).

9 Likes

Myself

8 Likes

lmao yes

2 Likes

Don’t have to worry about sponsorships if you make your own yo-yo :wink:. Doesn’t help with getting to contests though :frowning:

8 Likes

Beboo

3 Likes

Been sponsored. It was a very interesting experience.

OneDrop would be a dream, but in a more realistic viewpoint I would love to be sponsored by a string company, like YYSL, ZIpline, Sochi, Airetic (wish they made polys tho), or even BuddhaString.

9 Likes

Why would OneDrop be unrealistic? You’re already a very good player and contributed a lot to the community as a whole. I’d expect you to be sponsored by a company around that level.

3 Likes

It’s usually easier to not be sponsored. Sponsorship comes with responsibilities that can become a bit of a chore if you’re going through a passion rut.

8 Likes

@Glenacius_K got it right. When I was sponsored, at times it felt limiting, having all these other yoyos and only being able to post videos using certain yoyos. And don’t get me wrong, Toybania makes bomb yoyos, I think I’m just incapable of committing to a single brand.

This is mostly not true for all other major yoyo players tho. I’m sure most people on SF or YYF are enamoured with their brand, so it works for them. You could say I made the oversight of not being in love with the brand I was sponsored by. If I ever get sponsored again, I need to make sure it’s by a brand that would make me put all my other yoyos in a shelf.

8 Likes

YoYoExpert :heart: Does that count? lol

Probably Duncan mainly because for nostalgic reasons.
I’ll never be nowhere near confident or good enough to be sponsored so it’s not anything I’ve ever thought about.
To be honest…I’m not sure I’d even ever want to be sponsored.
Being sponsored seems like it’d take some of the fun and love out of the hobby. It’d cross a line from being a hobby into being work.

What would I need? I mean…who wouldn’t take some yoyos if offered? I sure would! haha…another thing I’d love to have is some shirts and swag with their logos. I’d wear them with pride too!
Also some help with traveling expenses would be major for me.

And a brand new car, and a big top of the line 65" flat screen tv, and a pony and a castle too!!

8 Likes

Tom Kuhn
Wu-tang Clan

I’m not too fancy

8 Likes

Probably Duncan or Yoyofriends, bc they make my comp yoyos, I like a lot of their players and I know they take care of their players. Companies like Unspoken and Retic both look cool too but idk if they are interested in sponsoring many new players right now.

7 Likes

Well i have my dream string sponsorship in airetic so thats a start.

For a yoyo company, id have to like their yoyos obviously (as @EOS44 alluded to) and also like them and their team members… i think the actual team aspect is more important to me than the yoyos themselves… i think i have enough skills and my tutorials could be useful to a brand for advertising when im done student teaching.

For now id love to be sponsored by amplified because their adlib is amazing to say the least and theyre really awesome peoples. Retic also because the boa and burm are amazing and im sure id enjoy the puff and death adder. 2sick would be cool because Joey is local and they make really good bimetals. Im not typically a fan of bimetals but all of theirs felt really nice, and the blockade is very nice. I feel like I would mesh well with their grandmaster.

Edit: unspoken and freshly dirty both look cool as well but im not sure how well id mesh with their teams.

7 Likes