Who would you like to sponsor you

Duncan and yoyofriends are sleeping on you. @Mazdarx7FD sponsor this kid.

10 Likes

I genuinely loved the brand In was sponsored by at the beginning. Pretty soon after I was sponsored I realised that the owner had virtually zero passion for yoyos, that left a bad taste.

7 Likes

Retic is actually looking for competitors to join the team. But it has to be a good fit for everyone :grin:

3 Likes

Amplified

Lamonte is a boss

5 Likes

lol, both have seen a lot of my stuff so I guess I just have to get better.

2 Likes

Good luck bro. I did student teaching and I was like nope, never doing this full time.

4 Likes

Facts🤙

1 Like

Thanks for having retic on your list! Also agree on 2sick, Joey is a bimetal master

7 Likes

A-rt or one drop

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Tesla

10 Likes

You guys are dope. Its my pleasure.

Btw have you seen any of my tutorials? #shamelessplug :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

One of Ed’s 66 Rules is only accept sponsorship from a company you love. There are a handful of companies I would jump to accept sponsorship from. There a couple I would politely decline sponsorship. My biggest concern would be that the sponsor got at least their money’s worth from sponsoring me.

3 Likes

Neil are you looking to sponsor new players? if so what are any requirements to get sponsored? (if there are any)

3 Likes

they are missing out :wink:

4 Likes

This is my answer for thay question. I would also add that competing in contests is a huge + also being a nice person, retic is trying to be drama free lol

8 Likes

ok cool!! thanks for the info

3 Likes

where can i buy one of your yoyos? i hear AMAZING things about them

3 Likes

I think Yoyofriends would be cool because I like the idea behind their yoyos and I think they have a team that will be a major competitive force within the next few years. Also my Magpie is my fav yoyo rn.
Obviously being sponsored by Yoyofactory would be a big deal, but that’s really hard and it’s also like a full time job, which is not what I would want.
I also like topyo and their focus on producing a lot of different yoyos, so they have quite a big variety. I don’t think a member of Topyo would ever have difficulty finding a yoyo that suits them, because they’ve pretty much tried every popular design and already starting doing weird stuff because I think they’re running out of ideas lol.
I think Basecamp would be cool too, because you’re kind of on multiple teams at once.

4 Likes

I’d have a hard time thinking a company would want to sponsor a new’ish player…like myself or anyone else. Maybe if they knew the person? A friend or family member.
But a stranger? I’m just not seeing it. It’s way too risky.
Sponsoring people costs money to the company. And making yo-yos isn’t the most lucrative businesses lol.
They need established members in the yoing community who have proven themselves. They certainly don’t have to be the best out there, but they should be at a level where they can hold their own. Waaaaay past the basics. This typically means that they’ve been yoing for years at this point. Many of which are competent enough to be able to compete among the best.
They’re people that garner a lot of respect from others in the community. They’re well known. Well liked.

Trying to sponsor a new player seems pretty crazy to me. There’s WAY too much risk involved.
It’s super easy to be all hyped up and passionate about this hobby when you first jump in. But a TON of people eventually get frustrated and tire of the hobby and move on from it.
New players haven’t proven that they’re here to stay. It’s hard to want to invest in someone you’re not 100% sure is going to remain committed and dedicated.
That, and as new players…we haven’t established any sort of following usually. Sure people will like us and we’ll make a lot of friends…but simply put, we don’t have the skills to gain a ton of respect from people who are extremely skilled in this hobby. It’s just the way it is.
That…and we can’t compete at the highest levels for a company where people would really pay attention to us and take us seriously. Or if competing isn’t necessary for the sponsorship, we very likely wouldn’t be skilled enough to garner a ton of attention in other ways such as making tutorial or trick vids online…or holding events for the public and such.

Sorry for the long ramble here. Just sharing some thoughts.
It’d be pretty crazy for a yoing company to sponsor random new players in my opinion. Far too much risk without enough reward.
There’s always exceptions though.

8 Likes