Forever alone throwers

Just set up a YoYo player Google Hang out and enjoy.

1 Like

:smiley:

I was once a forever alone thrower… I believe i have a post in here somewhere. Butttt thennnnn, i showed a cpuple frinds how to bind and what do ya knowww, they are hoooked!

I’m a lone thrower, sure I run a club, hoping that someone will find it more than a passing interest, but it’s never really happened. However, that’s all “woe is me” talk.

I personally believe that there is something truly special about people that can pursue a positive interest on their own. To have that kind of self direction and drive is a rare thing. Yoyoing is something I do for me, I love it, but when others see what I do, it brings a smile to their face and questions to their lips. Generally, my skills, effort, and enthusiasm are respected. Yoyoing makes others feel better, distracts them from their problems, if only for the second they watch. That’s pretty impressive for a lonely yoyoer.

Yes I agree it would be nice to have someone to throw with but…I’m still yoyoing and so are you! We’ve truly made yoyoing our own! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m in Alabama - Chilton County.

I have yet to meet anyone, other than one person in my venturing crew, in Las Vegas, Nevada. It’s a shame yoyoing didn’t take off like kendama did in Las Vegas

I’ve yet to meet anyone. I keep meaning to go to some contests to meet people there as I feel like I would learn a ton at even one event, but work and finances haven’t allowed for that yet.

I met one at a six flags once.

My brother yoyos (he’s not on the forums) and redneckyoyoer3826 and I live 10 minutes from each other.

I was forever alone. Up until GA states. Gosh that was fun.

Unfortunately i think GIRTS is taking a small break for the winter because its too cold to meet

I found yoyo’ers right away. We don’t really have a large community but it turns out most stay inside away from people when they yoyo.
Once I tried to make a club they all came out the wood work and it turned out I was able to pull about 20 of us together before I was hurt and couldn’t hold the meetings anymore.
Many of the club said the same thing about not thinking there where any other yoyo’ers around here. and many had been throwing for years with no interaction with another yoyoer.
If you don’t get out where public meet and yoyo often you won’t likely meet anybody.
Start a skilltoy club and see if any show up. If nothing else you will find other skilltoy enthusiast’s and they will be just as happy to meet you.

:smiley:

WHA??? Did you go to GA States?

Never met any other throwers. Not surprising, since I live in Portugal :smiley: Even so it’s annoying… You see all these pros and they’re like “the best part of yoyoing is the community” and I don’t know anyone serious about it. I have a few friends who have gone “oh yeah that’s cool” but no-one keeps going with it. Ah well. :smiley:

I’ve been yo-yoing for a year and haven’t met any other true yoyo players. I’ve gotten my friends to try it and they think it’s pretty cool. I did meet one guy who could walk the dog. A friend of mine has a brother who apparently yoyos, but I haven’t seen him for years and I’ve never seen him yoyo. I’ve got an uncle who can unicycle, yoyo, and breath fire (I know he can unicycle and yoyo at the same time). He also used to work in a skill toy shop which sold yoyos. I haven’t seen him since I was a baby though.

Thank god for Yoyoexpert.

I usually wear my yoyo in my holster so if anybody that yoyos sees it then hopefully we will meet, but no luck except my two yoyo friends that live near my area

u guys are going to hate me there are 4 other yoyoers in my high school of only 800

consider yourself lucky ::slight_smile:

Listen, man. This is the Forever Alone Throwers thread. You cannot be here. :wink:

(yes, I’m jealous… but I’m just kidding around. :wink: )