WYA? Thrower Locations

Was kind of curious where others yo-yoers were from, I’m over in Idaho in the US. I don’t think I’ve seen another yo-yoer in person for five years now. :sweat_smile:

Do you have a meet up where you are? If so what’s it like? If not what’s keeping you from starting one? I know I want to start one where I live, would be nice to have a local scene.

7 Likes

I’m in Arizona and YYF being here means there’s a lot of yoyoers around.

7 Likes

Outside of Philly, I drive a little bit over an hour to go to club in woodbury, nj and when it happens in Philly like 45 to get to there for some stuff, feels like there’s a lot of throwers around the east coast/my area so always felt really lucky that way

1 Like

There are def people in Idaho! The WA scene was dead then after PNWR I started advertising here, on FB and discord looking for throwers and now we’ve had like 2 meets a months ever since. I know there are people in eastern Washington too, maybe if you’re close to the border you could meet with them!

I think everyone without a local scene should try to start one. Just takes one person to take charge and start it! We’ve been rotating meet spots to help make sure people from a wide area can come, and if one is too far away, the next might be closer and more available.

5 Likes

Cameron Park in California. Just getting kids in the neighborhood playing.

1 Like

Indianapolis. Always looking for people to sesh with. If you live around here, hmu!

1 Like

We still have a small group that meets up about every other month in Meridian/Boise @anon17117379

3 Likes

I’m in Northern Virginia near DC there’s the DMV throwers group a few folks come together. It’s fun nothing crazy just seeing cool yo-yos and chatting with folks that like the hobby and some that are in the community (makers and contest folks) and doing the yoyo thing.

I end up in Conway sc near myrtle beach often if folks have anything around there I would love to know and join in if my travels align.

2 Likes

I’m near Minneapolis. We have a club over here in the Twin Cities area!

1 Like

I’m down in SOUTH South Texas and i’m pretty sure there’s nothing available down here, i’ve been trying my best to start a club or meet but I can’t find anyone so far :broken_heart:

1 Like

I’m in the northern NYC suburbs. There’s NYYYC which is very active but they meet inconveniently far downtown for me and mostly on Sunday afternoons, when I am otherwise occupied with parenting responsibilities. I haven’t been yet but I hope to make it out someday.

4 Likes

I grew up in westchester. Dobbs Ferry to be specific. I still make it out there from time to time to visit family and friends

3 Likes

I’m located in North Eastern Pennsylvania. Very close to both the NY and NJ borders.

1 Like

Netherlands in a small town. Meeting up with other throwers has been really fun since i started to get the ball rolling for meetings.

We have them 3-4 times a year now and its really cool.

1 Like

I come from Italy but live in London (UK) from 7 years.
We have a meeting every 2 weeks on Saturday, in central London we are a good group and seems the scene is a bit growing, there are other yoyoers in north UK and some that we see frequently at the London meetings that live in the south coast.

2 Likes

I’m in CT in the US. No meetups that I know of here, and the only other person I know who throws is my 13-year-old :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m in Huntington WV and will be hosting meetups at ritter park hopefully every Wednesday. Just started my company Yo-Life.

2 Likes

Similar situation for me. I want to eventually get to one of those NYYYC meets.

I’ve never seen anybody throwing in person, so I would really like to get to a meet at some point.

3 Likes

Hit me up when you’re in the area!

4 Likes

Where ya at? Rivertowns?

1 Like