Forever alone throwers

hahahhahahaa.

I wish FAT edition would be an elusive colorway that popped up randomly in the wild.

I think that would be pretty darn cool

A FAT beefcaked version could be a double with cheese.

I think weā€™re on to something here.

1 Like

When I first started ā€¦ i throwed for like a year and a half without meeting anyone. I even replied on some VA posts but most people were like 2 hours away from me. Eventually I decided to start my own thread and found one person one hour away from meā€¦ long story short now we have a decent sized yoyo club and few of the guys live right in my city.

Keep looking!!!

Illinois is a yo-yo boom town! If you are young and canā€™t drive,try convincing your parents,family members or friends who can drive to go to a competition nearby,or if youā€™re far away, make it a road trip. If you can drive, what are you waiting for! Find a contest,club,or nearby forum buddy to hang with! There are easy solutions to this problemā€¦

I have never met another thrower. I have seen some, but never actually went and talked with them.

Iā€™m in Georgia, metro Atlanta. Iā€™ve got my friends into it but no one outside of them.

I know that feeling.

Iā€™ve traveled to Montreal and to New England to meet other yoyoers. But while Iā€™m in Ottawa, just the one work friend. Good news is, he still yoyos almost every day! Heā€™s content with the tricks he knows, but thatā€™s still coolā€¦ he gets better at them all the time.

Are you going to Ga states this month?

Donā€™t know any right know but wait like ten days.

Eric Koloski, Noel Kunz, and Sebby are gonna be there XD
Iā€™m pretty sure Chase Baxter and Alex Fairhurst are also going

so excited. ^meeting this guy there too.

Pretty sure im the only guy in MD that owns a yoyo

FAT foā€™ life! ;D

Been throwing for 3 years 7 months without meeting any other yoyoers.

My oldest daughter now yoyos some, but is pretty consumed with Jiu Jitsu and drama/choir.

I actually live fairly close to a lot of gatherings as Iā€™m in So California (Riverside county), but just havenā€™t been able to make it to a contest/meetup.

I donā€™t really remember when I started proper yoyoing (maybe 3, 4 years ???) but I havenā€™t really met anyone else who is onto intermediate ( at least not yet) although I had got my friend into yoyoing (he got himself a Yomega Fireball) but he quit after about a few weeks or a month or two. I believe I am still the only serious yoyoer in Scotland I guess. I hope Iā€™ll be able to go to UK Nationals next year though :smiley:

3 years and nothing :frowning: hope to start heading out to some contest this upcoming year hopefully ;D

I have been yoyoing since 1999 ( on and off ), the 4.5 years I spent seriously rocking the yoyo back then, I think I met 2 yoyoers in that entire time, and neither of them were local.

Fast forward to this past summer after I got a bit more seriously back into throwing, kid who works at my local grocery storeā€™s deli counter called me out when he saw me throwing to pass time while the wife shopped ( she likes to go through EVERY aisleā€¦ ), and one of the younger custodians at the high school saw me yoyoing and said he used to throw every day in high school, apparently there was another smallish boom a few years back and yoyoing replaced hackey sack as the reason to be late to class.

Only other ā€œseriousā€ yoyo-er is this kid who is in like 8th grade who did his yoyo tricks in last years talent show, he is in choir with my daughter so I introduced myself and showed him some tricks with the metal drifter he had, he was pretty impressed. I actually ran into him earlier this week after the schoolā€™s fall choir showcase, he is still sticking with it , in fact he saved up all his monies and bought himself a YYJ Diamondback. I told his mom about states this weekend and that he should go, so we will see. I am semi-kind of hoping to organize club of some kind.

Well I live in chicago and am the last of 6 yoyoers who yoyo at my school. I know there are others because a store that sells some yyf are sold out. But I go to the chicago meets when possible. And rumor has it jason week lives in chicago land. That would be super awesome to meet him

Iā€™ll see you there mate! Iā€™ve only ever met other throwers once. Palli and Ann came over for UK nationals (which I unfortunately couldnā€™t make due to other plans) but there was a meet-up in London a day or two before and I was able to pop there after work (in office attire, so I was definately the smartest one there if not the bestā€¦) and hang out with a bunch of UK throwers as well as our foreign visitors.

It was really good fun, they were all really great guys and some of the best in the country were there, so it was really inspiring to see that kind of yoyoing in person.

Canā€™t wait to go to nationals next year and hopefully compete. Not that Iā€™ll beat Yuji, but one can at least tryā€¦

I went to six flags one year for band, met another thrower there just a tad below my skill level. Best.Trip.EVA.

I am a bit lucky about friends. I have 5 or 6 friends which they are a yoyoer or they were a yoyoer. 2 of my friends started to yoyoing ecause of me. I got a free XConVict which is a bit beaten up but plays well. Iā€™ve met with a girl and her first phrase after I introduced myself was ā€œThat was awesome!ā€. That was the best compliment I had for my yoyoing. And my friends called me that I am a yoyo god. This is a feeling that I am not used to. But it is a nice feeling.