Forever alone throwers

I live in California in the Los Angeles, 626 area. I’ve never met another yoyoer, sadly.

i didn’t even realize there was a 626 area code! Are you going to get over to the Redondo Beach contest?

1 Like

For real haha? There’s more contests/meets in the LA area than anywhere else in the world.

Me also

I drove 3 hours to Va states to meet my first other yoyoers ever. I think I’ll be making that drive a lot now since they are getting a club together in Richmond.

247 w queen street strasburg va… When can u be here??? Hahahahahaa

Well, before I can process that information I need to confirm you are willing to pay the delivery fee of $500+.

Never met another thrower. I live in New Jersey, and am so close to the NYC yoyo club, but I’ve jut never been able to make it there.

And it’s funny how many people in this thread have said they live in the NY/NJ area, and none of us have met each other.

I’ve had several friends decide they wanna copy me and start yoyoing, but it didn’t last long so…
I have never met a yoyoer, it would be nice…

I have one friend who got me into yoyoing, though I’ve been better than him for a while now. We do practice sessions together every now and then but other than that, I’ve been pretty isolated from the yoyo community.

Me, Jordan, Andrew, and people I teach. So two.

That is where I live!

I actually had a chance encounter with a local thrower at Quick Check today. He’s a younger kid who was there with his mom and sister. My girlfriend noticed a DMII on a holster around his waist, so I asked his mother about her son’s yoyo. Within a minute I was fiddling around with the yoyo and showing him and his sister a few things. I didn’t see him throw, but I get the feeling he’s pretty darn good! He recognized Yuuki Slack right off the back and seemed to understand how Multifarious was formed.

I gave him and his mother my phone number and YYE account name, so hopefully I’ll be able to throw with someone local soon!

Wowowow, really?! I might be able to make it! When is it?!

Oh wow, maybe I need to get more into the community scene then…

Hey. Where in SJ? I live in Upper Deerfield.

Side note, but I was just thinking that “Forever Alone Throwers” is a great (even if vaguely sad!) name for a virtual community of geographically dispersed throwers.

Kind of like how Ditch Down are connected by something other than geography.

Then there could be FAT edition throws!

Except, well, we’d generally LIKE to meet other people to throw, so it’s a hard club to actually want to be a member of. :wink:

FAT for life.

I think FAT’s the way to go guys. There’s plenty of catchy slogans that could emerge from that.

I’m FAT and I’m proud!

The first custom colourway or engravings should be on a Dietz (even though the pronunciation isn’t actually a match afaik).

FAT Life

Forever FAT

I’m not obese, I’m FAT

Custom ano’d halves as hamburger buns. If I knew someone to do the ano I so would pay for that.