Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Whoa! Love the big 'ol honker!!

3 Likes

Plays super well. He did a great job! I wish it were a little heavier, but that would be the only change I’d make.

2 Likes

Its cool to see more players getting interested in retro and vintage Butterflies as a means to play modern responsive 0A. I saw that @Eric_Newlin even found a few in the Old Butterfly/Grandma’s Collection thread. I found this one a while back and had been playing it a lot this week, a late seventies early eighties USA Flambeau made Lace Wing in an Orange Peach colorway similar to the one in a 1976 Duncan ad. This one is pretty clean and tight and my MFD Phat White Vine is showing very minimal wear even after a week of consistent play.

16 Likes

Nice! I gave my wife some search criteria on my Xmas list. Hoping she can find some nice vintage throws for me. She hates the hunt, but loves me enough to overcome it, lol.

4 Likes

This 70s butterfly is the nicest model I’ve seen yet.

4 Likes

Throwing this very early Spinworthy. I’ve been fortunate to have seen @Glenacius_K ’s craftsmanship evolve from this excellent early model to the amazing models of today.

15 Likes

26 Likes

Today’s fixie Throwtation™️

:arrow_backward: to :arrow_forward:
:grapes: Dyed Polycarbonate Knock Knack
Merbau Skinflint
Oak FTY/F44 (name on this one? Not sure)
TMBR TAW-TAW
@aironish homebrew giant

17 Likes

Fixed Axle Friday, I always have at least a few in rotation

Festival Big Zapper (mid 70s Swedish Elfverson)
YYF Legend Wing
Duncan Lace Wing
TK eH Play Simply No Jive
TMBR eHknown V2
TMBR Maple Sullivan
Duncan Thick Wing

20 Likes

Fixed Axle Friday will forever be Survivalist day for me.

I love the texture on the plastic.

19 Likes

Today’s fixie Throwtation™️ left to right: Spinworthy Polycarb Knickknack, @RC_yo-yo Purple Zebra, A-RT 420L (just got it yesterday and can’t put it down), Fair Trade x Fallen44 6th Sense, Spinworthy Ballsy

@bheinz63 you get that butterfly cleaned up and flying?

19 Likes

Printed proto on 13th floor. Downtown Asheville.

18 Likes

Today I’m playing this 2013 TMBR Maple Turner (OG) with some YYF Legend Cottons. This one weights in at 61grams for more of a 1A feel, but the Schmoove Groove does help with the response.

22 Likes

Proud to be a brewer and a yoyoer. Keepin it simple with a basic Duncan Butterfly (2019 I believe). Happy Friday yall

24 Likes

This POM Spinworthy again this week. Such a fun yoyo

16 Likes

I’ve been throwing my 2020 maple turner all day. It’s a full 10 grams lighter. I’m guessing it’s the switch from metal axle to wooden axles.

2 Likes

16 Likes

Got these bad boys in rotation

19 Likes

:ok_hand::yo-yo::fire: cool!!!

5 Likes

I see what you did there

3 Likes