Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Brothers in stripes.

23 Likes

These are my fixed axles. Not just on Friday. I take ‘em out to play every day. I’m still a rookie but I’m trying to get better. I would like to add a currier to the collection but emails to Hildy have not been answered.

16 Likes

Today I’ll be throwing myself. Yyf engraved promotional legends for my office.

20 Likes

My first time truly participating in a Fixed Axle Friday. My only fixie is the Butterfly but I love it. Today I landed a trapeze, to brother, back to trapeze stalls into a kickflip. There is something really fun about fixed axles, it almost begs you to try that trick one more time, then one more time, and so on lol.

16 Likes

After playing the Zipline Wood-Z Cherry XL all week I’m in tune with my light finesse throws. Going to take @bheinz63 lead above and get back to Butterflys this Friday. This one is from the mid 2000 when we first see Made In the USA replaced with World’s #1, as this one was made in Mexico. Out of all the incarnations of Butterflies this one may feel the cheapest in the hand, with a weight around 42grams, a softer plastic (compared to today’s), and a slimmer and sharper profile. But these have the nice oversized Foil label that are reflective and are the Butterflies I have the most play millage on. For 1A these can be a little bit of a struggle to get spin time, however for pure 0A stall play these are highly responsive and easy flippers. Today I nailed my first Brent Stole Dead Whip, since these are probably the most popular Yo-Yo with non-yoyoers not here on these forums, its always fun and impressive to shred on The Original.

14 Likes

Happy Friday yall!

17 Likes

really like the look of the foil logo, the silver paint on mine isn’t the highest quality by any means.

I genuinely did not expect to have as much fun with the Butterfly as I’m having. I’ve probably had 12 of these yoyo’s over my life span (mostly as a child), and after learning unresponsive yoyoing and actually getting pretty decent at it, I never though the Butterfly could be as fun as it is.

5 Likes

Orphan today. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

18 Likes

Thought about playing another Butterfly, but when someone declares an Orphan Day, I’m always happy to play.

and might as well watch a favorite fixed axle clip with Jensen and turn my speakers up!

17 Likes

Love Oversized. This is another favorite:

10 Likes

:fist_right::boom::fist_left:.

3 Likes

Was riding the train home with my dad and he grabbed a video of me messing around with my awesome SW plastic fixed. Thanks again @Glenacius_K. Nothing fancy but these are the cleaner clips.

7 Likes

13 Likes

This arrived from @vegabomb just in time for some fixed axle Friday action! I’ve wanted a sb1 for a long time and I’m really digging it so far!

I’ll be getting the polish out soon, but it’s hard to put down!

22 Likes

I had this one as a kid!

2 Likes

TGIFAF🍻

18 Likes

What string do you use in your butterfly? I recently grabbed some type 10 cotton from YYE, and I feel like the yoyo isn’t quite as snappy responsive as when I was using the (albeit quite poor quality) duncan 50/50 blend.

2 Likes

I’ll typically use just cheep white 100% poly like Duncan Bulk or YYE 100% Poly. I’m also a fan of YYE Slick 6, but I use this more on retro metals or responsive bearing throws. I also have some vintage Duncan string packs of 100% cotton, depends on what I’m trying, l have had the starburst melt Kitty regulars when throwing hard 1A style tricks consecutively, but throwing 0A is all finesse and throwing soft so its not and issue for me.

5 Likes

Interesting, I’ve heard (and you kind of confirm) that the starburst will rip poly string. I burned through a string a day using 50/50 cotton/poly from Duncan which is why I grabbed the type 10 cotton.

Another thing I’ve noticed with the butterfly, I feel like I have to throw/tug it harder than I would expect to get it to play/respond as I want it to. I’ve been playing a lot with the day tripper lately, and that thing is just so responsive and controlled, I can basically do anything I want by letting gravity do its thing and maybe some light string manipulation during tosses (i wont use the word throw, because I don’t throw the day tripper lol).

1 Like

I’m throwing a little bit of everything today.

Oak

Maple

Purple Heart

20 Likes