Fixed Axle Friday Throws

19 Likes

Back on some Butterfly retrospective. Today’s is this 2016 Reproduction Butterfly compared to a couple of the originals from the early sixties. The reproductions are three piece instead of one piece, so this one had to be re-glued at one point and its still holding together. Also notice its a bit smaller and rounder, more like the AL Butterflies with C bearings, there are no silver sparkles, the logo is bigger and centered, and there is also modern ARGHH manufacturing 5 letter stamp like you see on all contemporary Duncans these days. Still a good little 0A player in my book and can be still be found in dead stock in a few different colors.

20 Likes

16 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

BloodCell has become my favorite wood recently. So much fun.

21 Likes

Today I’m at the end of my Dunacn Butterfly collection retrospective. This one is a red contemporary Butterfly from 2018 made in China with an AQJRK manufacturing 5 letter stamp purchased from a Wal-Mart in Oklahoma while on a road trip. Out of all the Butterflys these are the hardest feeling plastic and this one weights in at 50 grams. This one hasn’t cracked yet, even after a hard rim hit on the tile floor, however I have cracked these around the axle hitting the ground a little to hard. These are still fun players and they are hard to beat on price. This one is also just laced with cheap bulk white poly.

17 Likes

Got this yesterday just in time for FAF :heart:

18 Likes

ive been loving reading about all the butterflys. I think im going to try and find one of the reslon coated ones from the late 80s lol

4 Likes

that yoyo/string combo looks amazing!

3 Likes

That’s a really nice Flying Camel, super sharp detail. Nice!

3 Likes

Thank you! Made the string myself. Managed to match the colors well, I think.

2 Likes

Been enjoying this all-maple PockeHt blank. Maple always feels like home. :heart:

19 Likes

Round. Spinning. Objects

Happy Friday yall

13 Likes

Influenced by @Lido this Friday and keeping it newly vintage ( ≥ 20 Years) with this 1999 BC What’s Next Black Bird No. 19 made in the USA from the height of the late nineties Yo-Yo Boom. This one weights in at 47 grams and is still rather mint with only a couple rim scuffs. A 3 piece design, but it still plays rather crisp but a little bit looser than today’s batches of Legend Wings. The paint job is what really makes these look fun and cool with the two tone red and black. Now if I could only go back in time with the 0A tricks I know now, I would be truly blowing minds out if front of the Yo-Yo cart in the mall and partying like its 1999.

21 Likes

I used that yoyo at the “1955 National Yoyo Contest” reboot they held at Worlds in 2010 or so emceed by Dale O and Bob Rule. We had to use period-appropriate technology so no take-apart lol. Pretty sure Dazzling Dave ended up winning an Mg.

14 Likes

Your moves are dope. You blow minds without a doubt.

4 Likes

My current favorite :heart_eyes:

Happy Fixed Axle Friday!!!

22 Likes

Today’s throw

18 Likes

I’m trying freehand fixed axle today for the first time. This is going to take some time.

22 Likes