Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Oh ya, I understand the trick now…:smiley: Gonna start practicing that one now. It’s a cool lookin trick… Thanks for getting back to me!:+1:t3:

3 Likes

Today is like when Grandpa took me fishing on a late summer morning. Generational Silver Bullets, the Original and SB-Ti set up with the blue 2.4 blank.

18 Likes

WOW!

Those are a full sentence in themselves

1 Like

Anyone tried putting a bearing blank in a Sherpa?

1 Like

@Mystik has on the Bearing Blanks thread

1 Like

I have a Luftverk bearing blank in my Sherpa. It works okay.

The thing is, fixed axles typically have a very small radius, like a looper bearing. C sized bearings (or blanks) just don’t yield that authentic fixie feel, IMO.

13 Likes

Agreed. Blanks are “Ok”. The luftverk works better in this than the others I tried though( butterfly al, metal drifter xl)

Really enjoying @YoYoExpertGarrett’s though!! The wood blanks are definitely superior in play.

5 Likes

So shiny! Nice photos.

1 Like

Morning y’all!

12 Likes

9 Likes

20 Likes

Fresh!!!

2 Likes

Haven’t thrown enough plastic this summer, might as well keep it vintage, legendary Duncan Wheels, this one weights in at 60g from the mid nineties.

11 Likes

That shape looks so good, where is that drooling emoji :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Gonna be Makin’ da Zines today! I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around this repeater and I finally saw a detail I overlooked.:wink:

I know it’s not complicated, sometimes it’s just me overcomplicating it.
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Wooo!!! That’s a fun trick.

Thanks to @edhaponik for his tutorial on YYE. I know it’s old but it’s still doing work.

6 Likes

It means a lot that people still use and get something out of them!

8 Likes

Now that I’ve had my coffee, I will be makin’ da zines, and probably shooting the moon with this yoyo.

13 Likes

@edhaponik your yye tutorials and your IG posts are amazing. Thank you.

Happy Friday Landings 'yall

https://youtu.be/q69D3oiFx0k

7 Likes

Can’t go all summer without playing a Butterfly. Keeping it vintage plastic with this USA made mid-nineties Duncan Butterfly in translucent green lace with some Duncan white bulk poly weighing in at 51grams. @drewtetz, one of the all time masters of the Butterfly, checkout his Mystics video, the trick starts with a Double or Nothing stall. Throw Duncan @bjardin

12 Likes